1) 2 yrs in corp finance leadership dev program in CPG company (on brand management team). plan either 2 years more here or move to corp strategy if i can get a good role.
2) 700-730 practice gmat (5+ taken)
3) College info: Midwest Private Liberal Arts (top 50 Lib Arts, but unknown outside of midwest), 3.65 GPA, Economics & Finance
4) Great college extra curricular, weak post-college but plan to improve over next 2 years
6) M7 - not sure what I want to do post-MBA yet and want to open recruiting doors
7) For 2015 start
8) Post MBA - Either transfer to the operational function of a CPG company (I work on brand mangement team now), do consulting for a few years and continue to evaluate what I want to do long term, get into VC (my favorite but longshot, or do Corp Strategy
Other than getting better extra-curricular involvement, what would help me set myself up for acceptance best? How do you view the CPG industry and FLDP roles? People who leave here get into M7 every year but the majority aren't white males like myself.....
Here you go:
1. Being able to show leadership and impact on and off the job.
2 Adding an international dimension.
3. A GMAT at the higher end of your cited range.
CPG and FLDP are both fine. You can learn a lot there.
You might be interested in my book, MBA Admission for Smarties.
It addresses some of the questions that you haven't asked above and some that you probably are asking but not here.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog