Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Testing Waters - Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
As far as I know, it won't really matter - I believe all the top b-schools now accept the GRE (others out there -- correct me if I'm wrong). Given that either score is strong, I don't think it's going to make a difference. The thing with test scores is that a high score isn't an asset, but a low score can be a liability.

In your case, it's just a matter of choosing a set of schools that you feel are the best *personal* fit for you in terms of your lifestyle, environment, the kinds of people you want to be around, etc. And then showcasing your strengths on the application (which in this case would be the fact that you've worked/lived in different countries - and working as a woman in a patriarchal or dare I say chauvinist environment in Dubai and Saudi Arabia).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry, let me rephrase.

I haven't given the GMAT yet (those are my practice test scores). I'd rather avoid giving it if the GRE score I have already obtained is strong enough. From your answer I think I think its safe to assume me GRE will be enough to be competitive.

Thanks for the advise with regards to finding a good fit. Personally I've had experience being in at a university I absolutely hated and I know the importance of "feeling good" about the place you'll be be spending 1-2 years.

With my research so far, I'm aiming to get into either Duke or Darthmouth. I think they are of the calibre I am seeking and I'm glad you think they could be my sweet spots.

Much thanks!
GMAT Club Bot