Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Detail: MBA admissions help
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2000
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation! [#permalink]
your profile is right down the fairway for a number of schools. which is good and bad.

good in that (based on the limited info you've submitted) there's nothing glaring or strange about your desire to earn an MBA. it feels natural based on your background. your grades and test scores are fine. nothing to be worried about here either.

bad in that to be accepted at an exceptional program, like W, H, or S, you need to have a special "spark" which i don't get a sense of. most likely due to a lack of info.

my suggestion would be to ensure that you show dimension in your essays. talk about your ECs in detail and go into a lot more detail around your career goals. right now, your ambitions make you sound like a ticket-puncher, which is not what the top programs look for. in my experience, the candds who get into the very top programs have this same "right down the fairway" profile, but they also have amazing credentials over and above being good at managing a career.

with all that said, if you're not able to address some of the points mentioned above, i think you'd be a solid contender at places like Duke, UVA, or Cornell.

hope that's helpful
-james young
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation! [#permalink]