I am an Asian male with 3 years of experience in Banking Industry (FX Sales/Trader). I graduated in Economics with 3.4 GPA with Finance track.
However, my GMAT score is quiet low 570 (Q47 V22) 5 AWA, 9 IR. I took it 3 times already this year but my score is still within 540-570 range. I was an ambassador for my faculty during my undergrad period. Also, I do some community activities such as helping diasbled person and reading books for blind people. I plan to apply for MBA program this year. I need some advices per below:
1) Given my GMAT score and profile, will they be enough to apply for UT McCombs, Ohio (Fisher), Maryland, Texas A&M and Tulane (Freeman)?
2) Do I have a chance to get any assistant scholarship from any B-school above?
3) I also interested in MS-Finance program, is it true that this program requires lower GMAT score than MBA program requires?
Thanks for your post. To answer your questions:
1) You do not have a competitive GMAT score schools. You can apply, but I am not optimistic.
2) I doubt it.
3) The programs will weigh the quant score more heavily than the verbal. Your chances may be better in an MiF program at any of these schools. I do not think you would be competitive at UT's MSF program with your current score. Check the others' class profiles to get a sense of your competitiveness.
JUST PUBLISHED! MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog