Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation 27 year female with background in not for profit [#permalink]
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Nelz2015 wrote:
I wanted to share my profile and ask for a realistic evaluation. How do I strengthen my profile?

MPhil in Cambridge-Economics-2011-12
BSc in Economics-2006-10-Lahore University of Management Sciences, 3.96 GPA
Diploma in Networking 2014 Swedish Institute
2 years work experience in a think-tank in Pakistan as Research Associate/Consultant-Responsible for conducting research, advocacy work, literature review within cluster research area of education, collecting and analyzing data from both primary and secondary sources, conducting field-work and interviews of academics, policy-makers and other stakeholders, liaising with key stakeholders in the education sector, writing policy briefs and papers and analyzing data using STATA and Excel, arranging workshops and seminars. Contributions to blogs and organization's social media.
Managed two projects on education: Education Service Delivery Feedback and Teacher recruitment, retention and deployment and presented the findings of the projects at several conferences and workshops.
Social Work and Social Development Fellow-2014-15
Young Connector of the Future 2014-15

I am afraid my application is not that strong yet. Please give it to me straight. And guide me in how to strengthen my application if I want to get admission in the top 10 business schools. My main aim is to continue working in not for profit but I want to do MBA such that I can work on operation side of not-for-profit.

Hey there!
Soooo things look good so far! You have fantastic grades in your UG, went to a good college, work in a preferred industry, are female, and have some good extras.

I could use a bit more detail on everything, to tell you the truth, but I'm liking what I see.

The only real "negative" is that with two years of WE you are very much on the young side of things. I don't know if you want to apply now in R2, but maybe next year would be better.

Other than that, there are no major weaknesses I can see, and the principle thing will be to come up with the best application with the most leadership and most impressive achievements that you can. Everything else needs to happen in the details.

Best,
JF

Thank you for your feedback! I have taken your advice and will not be applying this year in order to have greater work experience. Thanks
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation 27 year female with background in not for profit [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Nelz2015 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Nelz2015 wrote:
I wanted to share my profile and ask for a realistic evaluation. How do I strengthen my profile?

MPhil in Cambridge-Economics-2011-12
BSc in Economics-2006-10-Lahore University of Management Sciences, 3.96 GPA
Diploma in Networking 2014 Swedish Institute
2 years work experience in a think-tank in Pakistan as Research Associate/Consultant-Responsible for conducting research, advocacy work, literature review within cluster research area of education, collecting and analyzing data from both primary and secondary sources, conducting field-work and interviews of academics, policy-makers and other stakeholders, liaising with key stakeholders in the education sector, writing policy briefs and papers and analyzing data using STATA and Excel, arranging workshops and seminars. Contributions to blogs and organization's social media.
Managed two projects on education: Education Service Delivery Feedback and Teacher recruitment, retention and deployment and presented the findings of the projects at several conferences and workshops.
Social Work and Social Development Fellow-2014-15
Young Connector of the Future 2014-15

I am afraid my application is not that strong yet. Please give it to me straight. And guide me in how to strengthen my application if I want to get admission in the top 10 business schools. My main aim is to continue working in not for profit but I want to do MBA such that I can work on operation side of not-for-profit.

Hey there!
Soooo things look good so far! You have fantastic grades in your UG, went to a good college, work in a preferred industry, are female, and have some good extras.

I could use a bit more detail on everything, to tell you the truth, but I'm liking what I see.

The only real "negative" is that with two years of WE you are very much on the young side of things. I don't know if you want to apply now in R2, but maybe next year would be better.

Other than that, there are no major weaknesses I can see, and the principle thing will be to come up with the best application with the most leadership and most impressive achievements that you can. Everything else needs to happen in the details.

Best,
JF

Thank you for your feedback! I have taken your advice and will not be applying this year in order to have greater work experience. Thanks

Great!

While you are taking this extra time, you can also use this as a GREAT opportunity to improve your candidacy... For example by:
- Taking on more leadership activities at work and in your activities
- Taking on another volunteer position
- Getting promoted (not always, under your control, I know :) )
- Taking on another unique/exciting activity
- Visiting the schools! And building your network at the schools you will plan to apply at.

So this year should be about MORE than just "gathering experience", but about ACTIVELY improving your profile.

All the best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts