Joined: 14 May 2012
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation--710 GMAT [#permalink]
14 May 2012, 08:40
Would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile. I intend to apply this year and im having a real tough timing placing myself. Please see my details below.
Background: Indian/IT/Male (Unfortunately)
Schooling in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. (Kindergarden to 12th grade)
Undergraduation from NIT, Trichy (highly reputed university in India) with a poor GPA - 6.15
GMAT: 710 (49Q, 39V)
Work Experience (4.5 yrs by 2013) :
- I let go of the job I got on Campus to join a start up that was planning to build wealth management solutions for the Indian Market.
- Played multiple roles during my stint at the start up. (Developer, Client Support, Business Analysis and finally Team Lead)
- After 2 yrs in the start up, wanted to explore the wealth/portfolio management business at a global level and hence looked for Business Analyst jobs in MNC's that catered to the biggest firms.
- Got recruited as a BA for a Fortune 500 product company (The first BA the company recruited for Wealth Management in India and the youngest globally)
- The company was contemplating moving to AGILE mode of development, took up the responsibility and made sure the upper management take the final step without second thoughts.
- Was made the BA for one of the most sought after products of the company
- Delivered product awareness lectures to the entire group, an initiative taken by me and my manager.
- Identified the lack of a singular source for any product information, in the process of building the same.
- Won an appreciation award within my first year.
Extra Curricular/Social Activities/Sports:
- Marketing Manager (part of a 5 member CORE team) in college for a national level cultural festival, led a team of 50 ppl.
- General Secretary for the Rotaract Club in college
- Infrastructure Manager for the Entrepreneurship Cell in college.
- Won multiple competitions in the intra-department cultural festivals
- Post college dint do much during my time in the start up as I worked nearly 60-70 hrs a week, but took part in multiple CSR projects in the new company.
- Part of the company's internally groomed NGO.
- Part of the college and company Football teams.
I plan to pursue a career in portfolio management or consulting.
I know as an Indian applicant my GPA/GMAT are on the lower side and so not quite sure what my chances are at any of the big schools. Keeping that in mind I shortlisted the below schools. Please evaluate my profile for the same.
Dream : Fuqua , Darden, Stern
Realistic : Tepper, ISB, Kenan-Flagler
Safe : Kelley, McCombs, Marshall