Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT/3 yrs WE) [#permalink]
You have a good profile. You have a good gmat score.

Though Oracle is a good brand name, you don’t have any promotions or awards in your experience. Is that a right?

Most of your extra curricular activities were at college. Have you done anything after your college?

LSE summer school will help you. If possible, you should also consider doing courses such as CFA if you are interested in finance. Try to attempt Level 1 in December. You can feed that into your 2nd round applications. Most of the finance firms that come to campus look very favorably at such certifications. It also indicates your interest in finance.

If you can write good application essays, there is some chance you can be shortlisted for an interview. If I were you, I would wait for one more year and build my profile for a top school. All my above comments are mostly applicable if you are planning to get into a top school. If you cannot wait and think you are ready to go, here are some good schools that you might want to target:
- Cornell, NYU, Columbia, Fuqua, and LBS.

Speak to few students and alumni of your target schools before you decide.

Good luck!
https://www.InterviewBay.com
- Application Reviews and Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target School

Quote:
Hi everyone

I need some help to figure out which all schools i stand a chance of getting in.

1. Profile : Indian / 23 years / IT engineer
2. Work Experience : Will be three years by next June, working as an Applications Engineer in Oracle, developing Fusion CRM(Customer Relationship Management)
3. GMAT score : 730 (Verbal - 42 , Quant - 47 , IR 8)
4. TOEFL scores : awaited
5. GPA : 8.1 / 10 (Majored in Electronics from a top 15 ranked Indian University)
6. Curricular : Topped in High School
Attended a summer school in London School of Economics(LSE) in Finance
7. Extra- curricular : School captain in school , Chief Events Coordinator for my college's annual cult festival(one of the biggest in South India), Been an active executive member of various student organisations in school
Social work - Active member of NSS(one of India's biggest social organisations), Been involved in teaching underprivileged children in my hometown, Been an active member of Red Cross
8. Post MBA goals - Work in a Finance-oriented industry primarily dealing with Corporate Finance

I want to start applying in the early rounds. Considering i come from a big pool of aspirants (Indian/ IT), which all schools should i target?

Thank you!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation (730 GMAT/3 yrs WE) [#permalink]