Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.56
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - 740/W/M - 1st in Family to go to Colleg [#permalink]
Expert Reply
thor5517 wrote:
Hey Jon Thanks for the reply!

My plan was to apply to the top couple this year and if I dont get in re-apply next year. I will most likely have a promotion on my resume by then.

One question, Im saying in my goals that I want to make a change to Pharma after working in consulting 4-5 years. Currently both of my first two jobs have been Pharma related. 1st I set up a manufacturing site to manufacturer a pharma product, and now in my consulting role I only work with Pharma and Medical Device companies. So when I graduate B-School I want to return an do the same thing for a couple of years just in a more managerial role. Then I want to switch over to a "client" potentially and basically be doing the same thing but from the other side. This is just one option i'm not dead set on this it just seemed like it was the best fit for my past work. Basically continue to do what Im doing in a managerial role then move up after a couple years. But if you have any opinions on what would work better I'd love to hear them.

Does that make sense?

As far as the top 5, do I have a realistic chance at any of them this year or am I just throwing money away?

Once again I appreciate any advice you could give.

Thanks!

Hey man,
Allright, so with all what you wrote here, the pharma story checks out. We would have to hammer out the details and smooth some things out, but it's believable and it makes sense. And that's the most important foundation.

As for your strategy, you can try it? Why not? I have plenty of folks who work with us who follow similar strategies, and as long as you are open to reapplying next year, great. Because it is a high-risk approach. Is it a waste of money? I don't know. It's not thaaaaat expensive to apply to B-schools, although it is very very time consuming. And you should keep in mind that H/S/W take maybe 2-5 students a year with a GPA at 3.0 or below, so it's a real stretch there. But once again, if you are in no rush, and are willing to try it, then why not?

Best,
JF
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Jon,

Thanks once again. Just a quick clear up i see you mentioned that H/S/W takes 2-5 students with GPA's below 3.0 each year, however my GPA is 3.56. So I dont think Im that big of a stretch in that regards.

Thanks
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
thor5517 wrote:
Hey Jon,

Thanks once again. Just a quick clear up i see you mentioned that H/S/W takes 2-5 students with GPA's below 3.0 each year, however my GPA is 3.56. So I dont think Im that big of a stretch in that regards.

Thanks

Hey,
Oh sorry about that. The second time I responded to you I saw your Minor GPA and took it as your overall GPA. My bad.

Well, in that case,all the better for you!. Go for it!
:)

All the best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts