Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 17:48 It is currently 09 May 2024, 17:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 845 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
krzysztof wrote:
I didn't express myself clearly enough: I resigned from my recent job to prepare for TOEFL and GMAT so that it was possible for me to even apply to LBS. My long working days didn't allow me for the right focus so 3 months before LBS application deadline I decided to quit the job to improve my chances of getting high enough scores. Do you think that if I put it like this, it also sounds that bad in my application?

Krysztof,

I doesn't sound bad to me, but it does present the problems I outlined in my previous posts. The overwhelming majority of applicants do not stop working when they apply. They work and prepare for the GMAT. And then they work and apply. The mere fact that they do so implies that they have certain time management skills that you either don't have or aren't demonstrating. Furthermore, since the time you resigned, your competition has continued to grow and progress professionally. You haven't. You need to resume that growth to maximize your admissions chances and put the period of voluntary unemployment behind you.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got your point:) So GMAT score is not a major hurdle and you suggest to get a job ASAP. Thanks a lot for these guidelines!
Send PM
Expert Reply
krzysztof wrote:
I got your point:) So GMAT score is not a major hurdle and you suggest to get a job ASAP. Thanks a lot for these guidelines!

Those are your marching orders. :) You got it.

Linda
GMAT Club Bot