Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 13:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - Experienced Indian from Infosys

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Profile evaluation - Experienced Indian from Infosys [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 09:39
I have been a long-time reader of gmatclub but only now have reached right stage to apply for MBA. Resources here have helped me a lot. I request you for evaluating my profile.

I am an Indian IT male looking for application review service.

10th: 87%
12: 86%

Engineering from NIT Warangal in 2006, passed with 72% marks.

In college, had many extra-curricular activities. Chief organizer of college fest, and head HR and Technical for college fest for 2 years. Also led hostel mess committee for ensuring proper food hygience etc. to students. Worked on good technical projects, including electronic data gatherer which also won some awards in national technical competitions like VJTI etc.

Social work: Worked for two years for NGO providing helping poor children with schooling. Also volunteered time to teach maths occasionally. Have certificates and can show.

Sports: Played cricket for college team and have participated for office events also for last three years.

Professional: Working for last six years, will be seven in July 2013, in Infosys in the investment banking domain. Worked extensively on banking and capital markets applications for last four years, and before that worked on coding for core financial accounting applications. Have worked onsite for 1 year in Cincinnati, USA. Got many awards, including team awards for my performance over last six years. Chosen to lead development for core applications of large wall street client.

GMAT: 690, AWA 5, IR 6

I want to apply for colleges starting in fall 2013. Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Thanking you,
Suresh
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation - Experienced Indian from Infosys [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 21:30
Hi Suresh,

You have a moderate profile with avg. acads, GPA and GMAT. With over 6 yrs. of work experience including international exposure, you are in a perfect stage of your career which most of the b-schools look for. I would suggest you to target schools like: McDonough, Emory, Maryland-Smith, CMU-Tepper, Rice-Jones, Texas-Mays, McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, Vanderbilt-Owen, IESE, IMD, NUS and Nanyang. The list comprises of many but these are few good schools in US, UK and Asia-Pacific with high placement in Finance post-MBA.

You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://tinyurl.com/c6b6qcu. Subsequently, you need to write application essays skillfully and demonstrate maturity, professionalism, ability to work with others and leadership traits during final interviews.

Feel free to post any other queries you might have. You can also PM your number to have a detail discussion on your profile and selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

suresh4gmat wrote:
I have been a long-time reader of gmatclub but only now have reached right stage to apply for MBA. Resources here have helped me a lot. I request you for evaluating my profile.

I am an Indian IT male looking for application review service.

10th: 87%
12: 86%

Engineering from NIT Warangal in 2006, passed with 72% marks.

In college, had many extra-curricular activities. Chief organizer of college fest, and head HR and Technical for college fest for 2 years. Also led hostel mess committee for ensuring proper food hygience etc. to students. Worked on good technical projects, including electronic data gatherer which also won some awards in national technical competitions like VJTI etc.

Social work: Worked for two years for NGO providing helping poor children with schooling. Also volunteered time to teach maths occasionally. Have certificates and can show.

Sports: Played cricket for college team and have participated for office events also for last three years.

Professional: Working for last six years, will be seven in July 2013, in Infosys in the investment banking domain. Worked extensively on banking and capital markets applications for last four years, and before that worked on coding for core financial accounting applications. Have worked onsite for 1 year in Cincinnati, USA. Got many awards, including team awards for my performance over last six years. Chosen to lead development for core applications of large wall street client.

GMAT: 690, AWA 5, IR 6

I want to apply for colleges starting in fall 2013. Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Thanking you,
Suresh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation - Experienced Indian from Infosys [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 09:16
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your review. You think I can make it to IMD, NUS, Nanyang with this score? Also, can I do part-time MBA with my score? Sometimes I am also thinking of that because then I don't have to leave my job. Also, how do I demonstrate things like you have mentioned in my essay? That will come automatically when I write about my job and profession. Am I right? For example leadership is not there in my line of work. Like you know, in coding sector in IT mostly people work alone in development modules. But I understand like you are saying that colleges look for this. I am very worried about this and that is why being from IT sector I am at disadvantage.

Thank you again for your answer.

Suresh
Re: Profile evaluation - Experienced Indian from Infosys   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2013, 09:16