Background: 24 year old male from India.
GMAT: 730 (Q50,V38). Gave it yesterday so still waiting for the AWA+IR scores.
College: Bachelor of Engineering(Computers) from University of Pune, India. Graduated in 2010 with an aggregate of 62.6%. This may seem low but considering our university gave a distinction at 66% (as compared to 75% in other Indian universities) it is an average score.
Work Experience: 24 months as on today. Working as a Consultant in one of the Big 4 professional services firms. My work is mostly related to Identity and Access management. We assess and implement Identity Management solutions. In my two years, I have worked on Fortune 500 clients from the US. Implemented almost one half of a multi milion dollar project(for which I was given an award.) Led a team of 2 people(both Consultants themselves) in the project mentioned above. Apart from client work, I have participated in practice development activities as well
1. I have participated in quite a few extra curricular events in college related to Dramatics, Music, Improv and Quiz.
2. I was the vocalist of the college band.
3. Formed the official office band in my new office location.
4. In charge of managing a few events in the intra college cultural festival.
5. Organized the music segment of our annual office function.
Target Schools: ISB(Hyderabad, India), Ross, Tepper, Kellogg, National University of Singapore, Nanyang Business School, UCLA Anderson
Post MBA Goal: After an MBA I want to get into strategy consulting. Aiming to get into
1. I need to know if my school selection is appropriate considering my profile (and the fact that my work experience is a bit low). Also, please suggest any other schools in the US that I can aim for.
2. Is it true that maximum scholarships are awarded in the first round of applications. Scholarships are very important to me and they would be a very important factor in my decision.
Your help would truly be appreciated!!