Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V52
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Peru IT & entrepeneur - 4 year work exp [#permalink]
Hi there,

Thank you so much for the additional info! You definitely seem to have some great experiences to pull from. I'm slightly confused as to your "entrepreneur" status. If you're referring to your free lancing that might be a slight stretch. Regardless, that is about messaging. I'm also glad to see that your family business has some scope behind it. That can sometimes make or break that set of experiences. 20 employees isn't exactly a massive enterprise but it isn't a team of 3 either!

So if you're taking your GMAT in Dec, are you planning to apply R2? Here's the risk you run - let's say we go forward and assume you get a 680. We put together your recommendations, resume, and essays with that score in mind for schools that you would be competitive at. Now let's say you don't get a 680. Let's say your score is far off in one direction or another. A 720 or a 650 makes a big difference. It could mean we aren't reaching high enough, or that we're stretching too far.

What are you basing your 680 on? Have you been taking practice exams? If so, which ones? Some tend to be more accurate than others.

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks again for your fast answer,

Well, maybe the word entrepreneur is not correct. Since my father doesn't want to expand the business (" I am old enough to work extra hours, I don't need money") , I have been trying to expand the agriculture side of the family business.

I am asking about an evaluation profile because I am still evaluating the possibility to go to USA. I really want a top 10 b-school (w/Consulting & General Management focus, I don't want to pick a school only because it's a top 10). I love the idea to work and study for a couple of year in USA but it's a great investment of money and time.

My idea is to study GMAT all this year and the first three months of the next year, travel to USA or Canada to study ESL (English as Second Language), I strongly believe that before an MBA, I need a proficiency English level. After all of this, I would like to apply for R1 (2015).

I have been reading about the GMAT exam, and I have done a few exercises, I believe that I could get at least 680 with a lot of effort and with 3 or 4 months of study. I know this is not 100% accurate, but I would like to know if with that GMAT score and background, I have any chances to apply and not get instant rejected. (I know that I have to write good essays, hire a consultant and don't suck in the interview)
Send PM
That's a great plan forward. I think the more time and effort you put into your GMATs the better you'll be. Also, you have plenty of time to retake it if you have to. I think targeting R1 apps next year is a wise decision. You have definitely thought this through and that'll be good.

If you have any questions over the next year, let us know. And be sure to share your awesome GMAT score once you get it! :)

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot