I’d really appreciate an evaluation of my profile:
Age – 25
GMAT: 700 (90%) – 47Q(73%)/39V(88%)
Graduated 2010 with a BA in Finance from the University of Washington
GPA – 3.34
- 3 Yrs as a Junior Analyst at a wealth management firm. Assisted in the research and due diligence of mutual funds. Constructed investment portfolios for clients. Client-facing experience.
- Founded an investment club that strategizes in buying/selling puts/calls to capitalize on market volatility.
- Life enhancement volunteer at a senior home - leading group activities and meeting with residents on bi-weekly basis.
- Member of finance club and other student groups while enrolled in college. Also studied abroad.
- Interested in a career in equity research. Would love to work as a buy-side analyst.
Target Schools (applying next fall):
- Tuck, Kellogg, Booth, Stern (any chance?)
- Ross, Mendoza, Minnesota (Carlson)
I’m curious what tier of schools I have a chance at. I would love to be admitted into a top-15 MBA program but am concerned this is out of my reach.
Also, would teaching English abroad for a year improve my profile? It’s not really related to finance/business but I’m interested in doing it.
Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!