Please evaluate my profile! Details about myself are as under:Work Experience:
I have 41 months of experience in IT industry as an IT consultant. For the majority of my tenure I worked as a software developer in various domains in one of the 5 largest IT service providers in the world with a turnover of 10 billion $ . The domains include financial services and Telecoms.Clients include Barclays Bank, Credit Agricole bank, CAPEB and British Telecoms. Later in my career I had the added responsibility of attending calls on the progress of my team with client British Telecoms. As the project had multiple stakeholders, other leading IT service companies as Tech Mahindra and Virtusa consulting were also part of the call. Also responsible for providing guidance related to our module for incoming new members and to lead them to fix the defects in the system.Foreign exposure
:: Worked for 6 months for a client Credit Agricole Bank in Bordeaux, France. For other projects only interacted with foreign employees of the same multinational.GMAT
: 710 Q49 V38 IR 3College
Bachelors in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from Kumaun Engineering College ( State Govt. college in India)
71%(transforms to 2.9 GPA as per the table on mba.com): This score although low as GPA is considered as first division as per the standards of my university.Extra-Curriculars
School & College
1) Member of Boys scout
2) Stood first in Inter School Science exhibition
3)Played as opening batsman for college cricket team in National Level Sport Fest and reached semi-final.
4)Played Basketball for the my year in college in final year.
5) Participated and led my team in various debates in college.
1)Got selected in the Cricket and Basketball team.
2)Part of Toastmasters.
3) Coordinated the Annual day function of the company.
4) Got recognition for my work and was rated 4, 3, 2 on a scale of 7 in 3 consecutive years respectively.These ratings are company declared(4 is met expectations,3 exceed expectations, and 2 is highly exceed expectations.B-schools I want to apply
: Insead, IESE & IE (Spain), Cambridge & Oxford(UK)Application round
: R3 2014-15 in all colleges barring Oxford. For Oxford applying to R4 2014-15Post MBA goal
: Want to get into any field in finance sector or Technology consulting in corporate sector.
I have some specific questions:
1) I have a low IR score. How much does it affect my application and my recruitment chances in my areas of interest. I read in one of your articles on gmatclub that if you gmat score is not in line with what is required with your goal then change the goal. Is this applicable in this case or can I have a concession on this?
2) I quitted my job 4 months prior as my family required me. Now things are quite stable and I am hunting fora job again. In the mean time I just spent my time knowing about the business world and read a lot of articles on economics. How much does this ruin my chances? Again I have read a lot on the web but want to hear from you can if this be accounted for in a more subtle and justified way.
Please let me know my chances. Also let me know if there is a school that you can suggest which is not in my list.
Help with Kudos if I add to your knowledge realm.