Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 14:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 00:45
I'm 32, have two Masters Degrees in Computer Science (one was because I quit a Ph.D. program early), and about a 3.4-3.5 undergraduate GPA with a major in Mathematics from a top 15 university (depending on how you calculate it). I have about 6 years experience as a software developer and a year as an adjunct professor. I also have a 770 GMAT (I don't remember the exact breakdown but I scored more highly on the verbal). I currently make six figures as a software engineer, but *hate* it, and don't look forward to working my way up the technical management food chain (in my estimation, if I did that, I would have a job that I liked ... on the day that the Queen of England and the Pope make a simultaneous guest appearance on Jersey Shore).

I applied to programs last year, but didn't get in anywhere that I wanted to go (semi-regretting that decision). On the other hand, I have been *promoted* to Product Manager (actually, it's more just added responsibility rather than a strict promotion) that gives me some more things that I can talk about in applying this year.

I realize that I am a fairly unique candidate--some would say too old, but I want to go get an MBA from a good school anyway.

Currently, my plan post MBA is to work for a consultancy doing projects at the intersection of business with technology (often referred to as strategic alignment). I have a contact in a small consultancy that does such work and am fairly sure that I could be that with an MBA they would hire me, although I may prefer to shoot for a larger firm first.

I currently work on the West coast but would really rather move to the East coast if possible.

Any help in evaluating my application would be welcome.

Thanks much in advance:)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes