Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kxc wrote:
Hi Linda,

Thank you for the quick response. I had taken a Kaplan course before my first GMAT then studied by myself in between the first and second GMAT. From your advice, as well as the advice of those around me, it sounds like the consensus is I need to retake the GMAT in the next few months if I wish to apply for 2014 admission. I believe I can get a higher quant score, if I really buckle down in the next month or two. What I'm currently most afraid of is producing a third GMAT score that is lower than the previous two.

Can you please specify what I can do to show professional growth? Unfortunately, in my current industry, promotions and title changes are few and far between, but I do take on more and more responsibility each month. Would that be sufficient to show professional growth? Or would you recommend that I wait another year before I apply?

Thank you!

KXC,

Again, do you think you can raise your score? On one hand, schools take the highest score so there shouldn't be downside to taking it again even if the score goes down. On the other hand, you don't want it to go down, you want it to go up. If you feel this score is the best you can do, don't retake. Demonstrate your quant skills in other ways. If you feel a math review followed by GMAT prep could change the outcome, then go for it. But do try to change something about the prep because there is no reason to believe the outcome will change if you do exactly what you did last time.

More responsibility is exactly what I mean by professional growth. if you are managing more people, assets, revenue, or territory, you have increasing responsibility and can show professional growth. If you really want to hit that element out of the park, also show impact and contribution. "Increased sales by X%." Delivered project X on time and under budget despite company having gone over budget with this client the previous two engagements."

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the feedback. I am going to try a different approach to studying for the GMAT and will take it a third time in exactly two months. With hard work, I am positive I can improve my quantitative (and overall) score.

Thanks again!
Send PM
Expert Reply
kxc wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. I am going to try a different approach to studying for the GMAT and will take it a third time in exactly two months. With hard work, I am positive I can improve my quantitative (and overall) score.

Thanks again!

Good luck with the GMAT! Please let me know how it goes.

Linda
GMAT Club Bot