Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation required [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Arati wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for the reply.
Have been anxiously waiting to hear from you.
I'm so glad u did.
I have decided to give my GMAT on 6th September with my best preparation.
Although i just want to clarify that i will have 2 years work ex by Fall 2015 which is when I plan to enroll.
Considering the whole duration before i'll be joining for MBA,i mentioned 2 years of work ex.
And as far the details about my start - ups and NGO is related,i will send it to you as and when you say.
As for now the start ups are doing great and i am just focusing on my GMAT.
Please suggest whether i should join a consultation now itself and start the preparation for application or after i'm done with my GMAT.

Kind regards,
Arati

Dear Arati,
Well if you think you can manage studying for your GMAT and preparing your applications (or at least starting on them) I would definitely urge you to pursue both. There's no advantage to waiting). But if, on the other hand, you think it would benefit your GMAT score to only study, then by all means do so.

I should in all fairness say that with only one year of experience right now (and two by matriculation) some Bschools are likely to prefer to wait on your account, so once again it may be beneficial for you wait. But it does depend on all those personal things too,

Drop us a line here, and we'll do our best to advise you further: https://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/

Hope this helps,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

So as you mentioned above "some Bschools are likely to prefer to wait on your account" , I would like to know which colleges i should apply to for MBA.
Also i want to know what are my chances for Management Information System in top 10 colleges ?
And which option is better (with the fact that my long term goal is to see myself as highest rank executive in an organisation.)
Please suggest.

Regards,
Arati
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arati wrote:
Hi,

So as you mentioned above "some Bschools are likely to prefer to wait on your account" , I would like to know which colleges i should apply to for MBA.
Also i want to know what are my chances for Management Information System in top 10 colleges ?
And which option is better (with the fact that my long term goal is to see myself as highest rank executive in an organisation.)
Please suggest.

Regards,
Arati

Arati,
Well I didn't mean that there are schools that don't care. Buuuut you are possibly going to run into a situation where an Adcom has a bunch of profiles before their eyes and they need to take one of these people, and when they see your profile, they might say to themselves "Well, she looks good so far, but she doesn't have enough experience to tell, and there's this other guy who is a bit older and really needs this opportunity now, plus has the guaranteed experience we are looking for soooooo… "

For MIS degrees you should be fine. Sometimes you can even apply without experience.

Although given your goals an MBA does make more sense. You can of course get BOTH (although this is a big investment of both time and money).

I hope this answers allllll your questions and helps you out,

Best,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,

Well said.i understood your point.
So which range of schools should i apply to for MBA.

Regards,
Arati
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arati wrote:
Hi Jon,

Well said.i understood your point.
So which range of schools should i apply to for MBA.

Regards,
Arati

Arati,

Well if you get that GMAT score, I'd go for 1-2 schools in the Top 10, 2-4 in the second 10, and then 1-2 safe schools below. (minimum 4 schools, six is better, and 8 amazing).

Best,
JF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,

I am currently working as an Analytic Executive.All that i do is mainly coding and client managing.
I understand the importance of work ex for someone who does something related to "management " that with increasing number of years his/her responsibilities will increase and he/she shall have deeper understanding of what it is.But my job will provide me with nothing like this even if i stay here for more 2 years.
All that is going to change is that i will have to code for more number of projects,much more difficult ones and may learn some new coding language.
Where does it enhance me as an applicant for MBA.

Regards,
Arati
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arati wrote:
Hi Jon,

I am currently working as an Analytic Executive.All that i do is mainly coding and client managing.
I understand the importance of work ex for someone who does something related to "management " that with increasing number of years his/her responsibilities will increase and he/she shall have deeper understanding of what it is.But my job will provide me with nothing like this even if i stay here for more 2 years.
All that is going to change is that i will have to code for more number of projects,much more difficult ones and may learn some new coding language.
Where does it enhance me as an applicant for MBA.

Regards,
Arati

Arati,
I understand your perspective, but I think the way I can best assist you is to understand the perspective of the Business school. Their perspective is first of all, "Our program is designed for those with experience, and if we are going to have students with little experience their experience needs to be exceptional. We want them to have guaranteed successful futures". It is not, as you might understand the concern of the Bschool whether you can progress or not, as their response would likely be (and justly): "You can't get promoted? Get promoted anyway! Do the impossible! Work harder and succeed more!" And I say 'justly' because in every company with strict hierarchies and little chances for advancement there are always those one, two guys who advance anyhow. So your job is to become one of those guys.

Your objective at this moment is to improve your profile to get into a better school, and so your goals and reasoning needs to fit not only your own internal needs and logic but that of the business school you are applying to as well.

Best,
JF
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for explaining me their point of view.
I have done thorough research and have come to the conclusion
that i shall apply for MBA schools that i have chances in and
some of the top 10 schools for MIS which considering my profile i do have chances.
I have also gone through the scope of Management in Information Systems,
the work that it consist of and it all seems interesting.
I would like to know your suggestion on this.

Regards,
Arati
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Arati wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for explaining me their point of view.
I have done thorough research and have come to the conclusion
that i shall apply for MBA schools that i have chances in and
some of the top 10 schools for MIS which considering my profile i do have chances.
I have also gone through the scope of Management in Information Systems,
the work that it consist of and it all seems interesting.
I would like to know your suggestion on this.

Regards,
Arati

Sounds good to me,
Good luck with your applications!

Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts