Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V52
GPA: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V52
GPA: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - South American [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Cugel wrote:
Hello Jon,

I am wondering if I should mention 4 types of short term goals or should I narrow down to 2 or even only 1. I don't want Adcoms to think that I am not so sure about my goals. Oh, do you think I can apply for R2 with a 700? I am having a really busy schedule nowadays.

M/B/B: Personally, I enjoy the challenge of a consulting company, it is really fast paced. Mentally, I am totally sure that I am prepared, physically, I am not so sure, so maybe I will discard this option (also if I dont get 720) (specially the social, healthcare and government departments. I know that you start as general consultant)

Health Care - Tech: This makes a lot of sense since I will combine my expertise in the health care industry and my studies (but I am wondering if this short term goal is too scary for Adcoms since most of the people go consulting or finances.)

Non Profit: I am really keen with less favored people, my family struggled financially for a few years. (again, I am a bit afraid of the adcoms about this)

General Management: This also makes a lot of sense for me, we have other type of businesses in different industries, having a broad knowledge of a company may help me to have a bigger vision.

Hello there,
Great to hear back from you!

Well my concern about your goals was only in regards to your personal story and concern for your health. :) GM can be better especially if you are working in Industry. But again, you will see as that comes along.

As far as "Strategically" setting your goals for the MBA, that is another game altogether :)

It can honestly go in many directions, although you yourself should only choose a single one. Honestly, it could be any of the four you mentioned. We have to see which one makes the best story, and about which one you are most passionate.

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts