Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation-Thanks in advance [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing more of your situation! I think you could build out your entrepreneurial experience pretty well then most likely (in terms of essays etc). Re: GMAT.. can you not just re-take it quickly? Why the scenario of waiting a year?? I would just go give it one more shot asap while also working on applications...

Of course must keep it honest and Stanford is one of the toughest to get into in the world... especially at current GMAT, it would be quite difficult. Yale would be more manageable but still a reach. But I'd still think about a GMAT re-take soon? Let me know what you think...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jen,

Thanks for the reply.I just took the gmat a week back so i think i have to wait a month for retest. if i give by 10th Dec wont it be a little late for round 2 especially considering i am an international applicant.I wont be able to concentrate on the application Ill have only 2-3 weeks for that then. What are your thoughts?

Regards
Arjun
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Arjun-- check the rules; they changed this summer and I thought now it was just 14 days to re-take! Look at www.mba.com for details.

Also you can still balance some quick last GMAT prep with applications; sure you'll be busy ;) but to be honest sometimes just taking the GMAT once more soon after you've done it, even without much prep, can result in a better/different score... especially if you did better on any practice tests? And worse case if you are not happy with the score you can cancel it and schools never see it... so instead of waiting a year I'd just give it a shot and see!! ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jen

Thanks a lot for that info. I didnt even think about retaking gmat this year because I didnt know about this new rule .Ill try and let you know .Really appreciate the advice

Thanks,
Arjun
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sure thing, let me know how it all plays out!!
Moderator:
1452 posts