Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 02:34 It is currently 10 May 2024, 02:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Profile Review Low GPA [#permalink]
I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Like Leah and gcb09173 said, the Masters GPA and high GMAT will help distance you from the undergrad GPA. I'd make sure you have some good leadership stories and EC's that can help you stand out.

I unfortunately wasn't able to get a clear admit at Kellogg or CBS (which has a great real estate program as well), but I at least got a waitlist.

For us with "ultra-low" GPA's, it's definitely an uphill battle at the M7 because the competition is so stiff. But I think you'd have a shot with a good story and strong reasoning for the school and an MBA.

P.S. I'm going to move this topic to the Admissions Consulting Forum.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Profile Review Low GPA [#permalink]
So while what the other posters have mentioned is pretty accurate (a 3.8 Master's and a 730 are some awesome stats!) your GPA is still a significant data point. It is an apples-to-apples because not everyone has a Master's. And while your later stats show me that you can handle the curriculum, it leaves some questions. What happened in undergrad. What did you not do well in specifically. How will that translate? Sometimes, if you failed something really important, you might need to take additional coursework to balance it out. Coursework can also send a powerful signal that you're serious! Also, if you're underrepresented, that can help so keep that in mind.

So think ahead - think about how you can make the most of it. As gcb09173 mentioned, definitely address it but think of ways to strengthen it too. You are in good shape since then though!

Bhavik
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 380 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I agree with the other posters. Despite great Masters GPA and strong GMAT ,you will still need to explain your low undergrad GPA in the optional essay .
GMAT Club Bot