Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 220 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 4563 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64941 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Re: Quant Suggestion needed [#permalink]
Expert Reply
farukqmul wrote:
Hi,
I scored 38 in Quant ..As I did really bad in verbal now I am totally concentrated with verbal section(Though I am irregularly solving DS and PS from Club forum)...but I am thinking if I don't do much quant problem I might forget what I learnt,as I am going to write my GMAT after 3 months...What should I follow now to increase my Quant score ?...I will be happy if I can score around 45 in Quant...Please suggest..

Did you go through a complete set of books for Quant yet? That itself could raise your score up to 44-45. There are many little little things we use in one or two questions and then forget. A complete set of Quant books should cover most of them for you. And yes, take practice tests (ideally covering all topics) regularly. There are many concepts the questions use so it is easy to forget them if they are not used on a regular basis. Also, with a lot of practice, you will develop an instinct for the correct approach.
Once you are at around 42-45, you can check out the Advanced Word Problems book of Veritas. It is meant for people who want to bump up their score in those ranges.
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
Also, you can totally ignore permutations if you want to (though the basics of P&C are pretty simple and you may want to go through them so that you don't miss any easy questions on the topic).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
farukqmul wrote:
Hi,
I scored 38 in Quant ..As I did really bad in verbal now I am totally concentrated with verbal section(Though I am irregularly solving DS and PS from Club forum)...but I am thinking if I don't do much quant problem I might forget what I learnt,as I am going to write my GMAT after 3 months...What should I follow now to increase my Quant score ?...I will be happy if I can score around 45 in Quant...Please suggest..

Did you go through a complete set of books for Quant yet? That itself could raise your score up to 44-45. There are many little little things we use in one or two questions and then forget. A complete set of Quant books should cover most of them for you. And yes, take practice tests (ideally covering all topics) regularly. There are many concepts the questions use so it is easy to forget them if they are not used on a regular basis. Also, with a lot of practice, you will develop an instinct for the correct approach.
Once you are at around 42-45, you can check out the Advanced Word Problems book of Veritas. It is meant for people who want to bump up their score in those ranges.

Yes I have gone through Nova Math Bible and MGMAT strategy guide books..n also solved OG 11 and 12..Now I am revising those books again n doing practise tests as well..but still haven't seen any improvement ...Is there any other book that I can follow to build a strong basic ?Thanks
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
farukqmul wrote:
Yes I have gone through Nova Math Bible and MGMAT strategy guide books..n also solved OG 11 and 12..Now I am revising those books again n doing practise tests as well..but still haven't seen any improvement ...Is there any other book that I can follow to build a strong basic ?Thanks

Then you might want to figure out the topics that you are weak in and focus on those. Working on 2-3 such specific topics should raise the overall score. Take some timed practice tests covering all Quant topics. Figure out the weakest links. I could suggest you specific books for those topics.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
farukqmul wrote:

Then you might want to figure out the topics that you are weak in and focus on those. Working on 2-3 such specific topics should raise the overall score. Take some timed practice tests covering all Quant topics. Figure out the weakest links. I could suggest you specific books for those topics.

How can i impove on absolute value and some more inequilities type questions? and also practice some more coordinate geometry questions.
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
kuttingchai wrote:
farukqmul wrote:

How can i impove on absolute value and some more inequilities type questions? and also practice some more coordinate geometry questions.

I have discussed some types of absolute value and coordinate geometry questions on my blog so you can go through those posts. You can search this forum using topic tags for practice questions. Also, if you are serious about these topics, get your hands on 11th std Math books to revise the basic concepts. Don't delve deep because GMAT only tests basic concepts but the first few pages will be helpful. You can check out Veritas Geometry and Algebra books too in case you would like to go through other GMAT relevant concepts as well. The books have sections dedicated to Coordinate and mods/inequalities and practice problems.
GMAT Club Bot