Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Questions about choosing a top EMBA Program? [#permalink]
I work for a multi-national, the reputation of the school matters a lot, I am looking for a top ranked school EMBA which is not only known in US but around the world as well since I'm targeting an international career... I am contemplating a few schools (preference is on the ones which can grant GMAT exemption or require no GMAT)...

If you were in my shoes which schools would you pick? would be good to know in which order do you rank them...

Oxford
Cambridge
LBS
IMD
Chicago Booth
LBS-Columbia joint program offers best of both worlds (well recognized in US and UK/ EU) but I think they don't grant GMAT exemption....

For some reason I am not too convinced about McCombs, Duke Fuqa or Ross (Michigan)... not sure where you see them as compared to schools above...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, I am not completely sure which schools are GMAT exempt, so you will have to do your research, but in terms of international reputation, post-MBA, I put Oxford and Cambridge at the top of the list, with LBS and LBS /Columbia joint a close third. So:

Oxford
Cambridge
LBS
LBS joint with Columbia
IMD
Chicago Booth

Hope that helps answer your question.

Jillian
MBA Ivy League
(646) 276-7042
www.MBAIvyLeague.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Oxford"18 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
What is the typical duration of the EMBA programs in top B-schools. I have 9 years of entrepreneurship and aged 33. Looking for top 20 business schools in US. What GMAT score range would be more appropriate to target?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sudheerarya wrote:
What is the typical duration of the EMBA programs in top B-schools. I have 9 years of entrepreneurship and aged 33. Looking for top 20 business schools in US. What GMAT score range would be more appropriate to target?

Program length varies between 20-24 months. While I would want to know more about your specific profile in order to give you a target GMAT score, most applicants should target a score north of 700. How much higher than 700 depends on how high of a program you are targeting and your background. Some schools also do not require the GMAT. For instance, Wharton, Columbia, and Berkeley Haas require GMAT but you can apply without the GMAT to Booth, Kellogg, UCLA Anderson, NYU Stern, Michigan Ross.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss your specific situation, identify the best programs for you, and review how I can help you get in! scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
GMAT Club Bot