Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
satgates wrote:
Thank you so much BB, I think those suggestion were completly valid and appropriate. I am a non-native english speaker but dont think my english is that bad, so I guess I shall stick to your advice of reading when fatigue which will help me excercise my mind.

Thanks again. Incase you are aware of some speed reading books or techniques, please pass it over.

Thanks once again.
Sat.

I have done speed reading training when I was like 14 or so, and it is not exactly helpful. You can gain high speeds in very little time, but it is not appropriate for the GMAT. I went up to thousands of words per minute, but I would not be able to answer the RC quesitons.

Speed Reading is good when you need to skim a lot of pick out some numeric or specific data from the text, but it does not help in understanding the overal development and such.

I am probably a fairly fast reader, but I don't read faster than my mind can handle the information I feed into it.

What I did sometimes, I would read and after each paragraph I would say something like this: "So, the new solar technology is good but the batteries are too expensive to manufacture, etc." Basically summarising the paragraphs. This was the most MOST most helpful technique.

I picked it up from Kaplan's Verbal Workbook (Here I go again advertising their stuff - probably should buy their stock); This workbook has a large portion dedicated to Reading Techiniques.

-=-
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]