Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you are having such panic while taking practice tests, then you really should see your doctor about anxiety. Breathing exercises aren't going to be sufficient.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Andrew, I experienced the same when I was doing my CATs. What I found was that the faster I tried to answer my questions the more I got wrong. Hence I forced myself not to think about time when I was answering a question. I tried to improve my concentration and just worried about the question on hand. In fact during the actual test I did not look at the clock for the first few questions to help with my concentration. Do you find yourself glancing at the clock too often?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think this is actually a very common problem and yes , I do tend to look at the clock too often. To be honest I think practise and building confidence has alot to do with it. I am trying to get to the point where answering simple questions becomes almost automatic and I can spend more time on the tough questions, which should take some of the pressure off. I find the quants section a lot more anxiety provoking than verbal.

Another important thing to remember is that GMAT works out the level at which you consistenly get 1/2 the answers right, so one doesn't have to get everything right to get a good score, you can get away with guessing if you are really stuck and still get a good score.

Otherwise, I have been told that eating chocolate is a good way help one relax !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another thing to do would be hiding the clock.

This way, you will develop an "internal clock", and solve the questions on time without actually looking at the clock.

This requires serious practice, but once you get over with it, I'm pretty sure your anxiety will decrease in the real exam.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
 Q51  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
do many many practice CATs ...soon your anxiety will automatically reduce..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]