Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 02:03
Hello,

I have scheduled GMAT test on September 28. But I feel I am currently not ready...
So I was considering to reschedule the test to prepare extensively. Unfortunately doing so means that I have to postpone the application to round 3.

I have three options:
- Take the test on September 28 and apply in Round 2 (with Low GMAT score)
- Take the test on September 28 and apply only if my score is acceptable. Otherwise, reschedule a second test
and apply in Round 3. In this case, schools will see two GMAT scores...
- Postpone the GMAT test and apply in round 3.

I appreciate you advise on the matter.

regards,
Jack
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 02:58
I am an applicant myself, so no official committee or anything

But I would say definitely go with your second option mate, you have the most chances writing the GMAT on your coming date, who knows, maybe you score what you want, and if not, THEN you could contemplate not sending that score and gunning for the third round

If you don't mind taking the exam twice in such a scenario, go with this. Again you could do well on the first shot !

As I said I am only an applicant, but R3 is almost like a bonus round to be even considered a real one, i've heard adcoms say they number of students admitted in the last round varies widely from year to year, sometimes being as low as ten or lower ! That's from memory so I MIGHT be mistaking, but I believe that's the consensus

I'm sure others will give you some valuable input as well
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 03:02
As for your concern about them seeing multiple score, it's ok, a lot if not most of people who get really high scores have taken the exam twice or more, don't worry

You do it two times and apply R2 you are likely to be in a better shape than doing it once and applying R3, i guess this is my impression but it also seems to be somewhat of a fact, since schools explicitly say you can take it multiple times and they will only consider your highest score
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 09:54
I second what kuharido said. Most folks have taken the GMAT more than once; it's really only when you start taking the GMAT on a monthly basis and rack up 10 GMAT scores with 1 of them being extremely high that it becomes a problem. But two or three times should be fine and schools will consider your highest only.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1531 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 13:48
Have you taken a practice test? That would be a good indicator. In general, I'd agree with the advice given though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 13:32
Can't you just go to your GMAT session on the 28th of September, then not send any score, then your score appears, and if it's good enough you decide to send scores additionally and pay a little premium?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 19:28
rhyme wrote:
Have you taken a practice test? That would be a good indicator. In general, I'd agree with the advice given though.

No, I haven't yet as I am still in preparation phase. Will start taking CATs soon and only then I will realize where I stand :)
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3? [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 19:29
Thanks guys... Lets see how it all will end u :)
Re: Rescheduling GMAT and Postponing Application to Round 3?   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2010, 19:29