Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks! I learned a lot from all of you. By no means it was an easy road. I used to be young and tireless and everything seemed so easy in life. That is probably the best time (from physiological point of view) to try to take your GMAT score to the maximum possible level, somewhere in the mid- to upper 20s. With age, in my opinion, it becomes more and more difficult. Especially if you get away from the school environment for a while. To me the test was not about the smarts. Given time, I would have probably solved 99.99% of Math problems and 90-95% of verbal questions. I know English. I like English. Unfortunately, GMAT does not care whether you can solve (or not solve) a partcular problem in general. GMAT is all about how you perform under stress. That's what top MBA schools want to know about their applicants. That's what GMAT was designed for. I am not trying to take away anything from anybody. On the contrary, I admire all of you. Those who got 700+, those who got 650, and those who got slightly less. Everybody is different. But the great part about GMAT is that you learn something about yourself during this process. Something that you would not have learned otherwise.... But enough philosophy... (That's probably because my wife took me to see The Little Miss Sunshine last night. Great movie, by the way.)

Anyway, I got what I needed to get out of GMAT. I wanted to prove, first of all to myself, that I can do it and that I can solve those damn simple-but-quirky math problems in less than 2 minutes each. Though I have enough heavy artillery in my resume to carry me through application process, I might now start working on plan B, just in case. Not because 670 is not high enough (I think it should be enough), but because I am very selective in the schools I am putting on my list. And the other school that I might decide to apply to is reguiring GRE as prerequisite... By the way, what is GRE equivalent of 700 in GMAT?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations v1rok.

All the best for your applications.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations v1rok. :-D
670 is a good score by all means. You can apply to most of the good B-schools and even get in the top if your application part is top-notch.
Well, best of luck for that and stay around.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats man! Great score!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, rhyme for the trophy! Though it is a silver one, I am satisfied. It is nice when you are among people who can understand you...

Anyway, I am starting to enjoy life again. Will go on vacation next week. I will take a few months off and then probably start thinking about GRE.

Anybody here has done both GMAT and GRE? Which one is easier/harder? Any interesting observations about similarities/dissimilarities? Strategies? Or is there a forum like this one devoted to GRE?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts