Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
 Q41  V42
Send PM
Re: Scheduling an Interview [#permalink]
Well I already screwed that up. Decided to call, he didn't answer so instead of leaving a message figured I'd email him and attach my resume, since their email said we needed to get them our resume. Well he called back before I had a chance to send it and now I look like an idiot for not leaving a message and I don't do well on the phone to begin with. It was kind definitely an awkward call. Plus he suggested to meet this Sunday afternoon and I accepted even though it is only a few days away. I was really nervous and don't think I handled that very well at all :(

Will a great interview make up for acting like an idiot on the phone? I know this was the first impression and it was not so great, this whole application process has turned me into a walking ball of stress...but I am really good in person and will definately prepare well.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
Well I already screwed that up. Decided to call, he didn't answer so instead of leaving a message figured I'd email him and attach my resume, since their email said we needed to get them our resume. Well he called back before I had a chance to send it and now I look like an idiot for not leaving a message and I don't do well on the phone to begin with. It was kind definitely an awkward call. Plus he suggested to meet this Sunday afternoon and I accepted even though it is only a few days away. I was really nervous and don't think I handled that very well at all :(

Will a great interview make up for acting like an idiot on the phone? I know this was the first impression and it was not so great, this whole application process has turned me into a walking ball of stress...but I am really good in person and will definately prepare well.

Don't think it's a big deal. He's prob interviewed other people and knows that there's alot of stress associated with interviews. Just make sure that the interview is casual and relaxed. Don't let this bug you.

Some more tips:
Look him up on linkedin...but do not bring this up in the interview. It'd be good to know his background and anticipate his questions.
Also, know that the interviewer will sometimes throw out a few curveballs to see how you think. View these as an invitation and not as a trap. It's a chance for your to showcase you as an applicant. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SaMoCU wrote:
Look him up on linkedin...but do not bring this up in the interview. It'd be good to know his background and anticipate his questions.

Great advice in my opinion. First thing I did upon getting my interviewers name.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [1]
 Q41  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, had my interview last night...yes, last night at 7:30 pm at a coffee shop, wanted to share my feedback. I agonized over what to wear all day, I didn't want to overdress since it was at a coffee shop, but I didn't want to be unprofessional either. I went with a business skirt and blouse, with no jacket. Well, he showed up in cargo shorts and flip flops lol. Very laid back and casual, honestly I don't think he even read my resume. I was nervous at first and stumbled a bit on some questions but started to loosen up. I think he was more evaluating me personality-wise than anything else. I think it went pretty well. He kept saying things like "oh when you're there you will have to do..." so I take that as a good sign.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
Hi all, had my interview last night...yes, last night at 7:30 pm at a coffee shop, wanted to share my feedback. I agonized over what to wear all day, I didn't want to overdress since it was at a coffee shop, but I didn't want to be unprofessional either. I went with a business skirt and blouse, with no jacket. Well, he showed up in cargo shorts and flip flops lol. Very laid back and casual, honestly I don't think he even read my resume. I was nervous at first and stumbled a bit on some questions but started to loosen up. I think he was more evaluating me personality-wise than anything else. I think it went pretty well. He kept saying things like "oh when you're there you will have to do..." so I take that as a good sign.

Glad it went well. Don't overthink now that it's over. Just be glad it's done and it went well and move on to your next app.
GMAT Club Bot