Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Regarding your list of schools, I would drop Tepper to the bottom of that list. I agree with Hjort's system that Tepper is not in the elite group with the other schools in your list. Regarding the other 4, I'd say it's pretty much personal preference, but if I had to break it down I'd put Duke and Darden ahead of Cornell with Yale rounding out the group.

I agree with these comments.
L.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also experienced Darden and Duke's application. Personally, I think Duke preferred those who have very high GMAT scores and the school emphasizes less on the rest of your application, which, however, both must be necessary in the ultra eilte cluster while, in constrast, Darden is concerned much with your well-rounded prefessional experience. If you think you do not have stellar numbers but impressive career progress, you might think more about Darden. Plus, the Darden's program focuses on high interation between students and professors and its culture is great. Picking one of two is also a very good choice at the elite cluster.

[quote="pelihu"]
I will also add that of all the schools that I considered (and it was a lot of them), Darden far and away valued personal contact the most. Their interview process is very personal and they really make an attempt to get to know each applicant as an individual. A number of other applicants (even some heading to other schools) have noted warm feeling they had when meeting with Darden. I believe the result is that in a sense, they value other things more highly that raw numbers. On the other hand, I think there is clear evidence that once they have made their decision, they will use available resources (scholarship money, personal contact, etc.) to try to get candidates with higher scores to attend.

[quote]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What about Cornell?

Do you think they don't value high gmat scores more than other aspects of the application?

Or do they have trouble getting students with high gmat scores?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I believe Cornell avg. for last year is 680
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
almost all elite schools' average GMAT score will go up next year.

For instance, Ross's average will be around 710.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]