Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 353 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1106 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey solidcolor and GMATBLACKBELT,

Just did my first MGMAT exam and scored 630 (Q46 V31). I felt the Quant' was very difficult compared to the OG, PowerPrep and GmatPrep.

I aim at close to 700 in a week but I feel I need to practice more. I'm going to reschedule :(

Anyway, thank you both for the tips I'm going to buy the MGMAT online exams. Any thoughts?

Good luck, Guy
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I scored Q46 for my first MGMAT too. Try to bring it up to 48, you'll be confident with the real test.

V31 is quite moderate. If you aim for 700, you should do some serious revisions and see how you improve your V score.

What I am saying is that REVISION is necessary. Use the practice test results to figure your weaknesses and do some more practice on those weak fields.

That will do you a lot better than trying as many tests as you have without learning anything from them.

When you are in any practice test, try to watch your FEELINGS and your TIMING. Learn to MASTER it. This is crucial in real test.

I'm working on my own too. Today I am doing some 220 SC questions, will try to hit 250 before bedtime. I learned a lot from practicing. A lot of idioms to memorize, and a lot of silly mistakes I could have avoided... So, it is fun. Just carry on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
well im going to ask a silly Question since you don't know me. how much time do you think it's required to better my score provided i do the revisions?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi guys,
sure mgmat tests are closer to real

I want to buy them but just wonder if one can take them several times like he can do with gmatprep.

itis online and can i actuallly take it more than one time

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm afraid not. Once you tried the test, you are unable to do it again. The only thing you can do when you return to the old test is Review what you have done.

It is not like GMATPrep or PowerPrep in which the pools of questions allow you to try several times on the same test.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
GGUY, I'm watching myself how far I can go in 3 serious weeks. (1 week = 5 evenings and 2 full days in weekend). See how you go!

I'll consider extension after 2.5 weeks if I feel that's necessary.

FYI, I've been struggling with GMAT for several months, but with little concentration and less appropriate strategies. I sat for GMAT last Monday and scored 650 (Q46 V34). I am upset with that and planning to retake GMAT in October. My target is 720.

Hope this serves as a benchmark for your study plan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Solidcolor, Thanks
I reschedule to 7/11
There is no way I will go with my current scores. I'm going to buy the MGMAT this evening
good luck and thanks, Guy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
solidcolor wrote:
I'm afraid not. Once you tried the test, you are unable to do it again. The only thing you can do when you return to the old test is Review what you have done.

It is not like GMATPrep or PowerPrep in which the pools of questions allow you to try several times on the same test.

I think it is true for the exams which you get with the books you purchase from MGMAT, but if you buy the exams on-line the situation perhaps is a little bit different:
https://www.manhattangmat.com/StoreItemS ... 81&catid=4
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]