Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Seeking advise on profile for ISB [#permalink]
goldhunter80 wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am looking to apply to ISB in R2 this year and here is a snapshot of my profile:

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%
Engineering = 73% (Delhi Univ.)
MS (Canada) = CGPA og 3.93/4.33 (have many publications)

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)
Companies Worked for = Microsoft & NetApp
Roles = Technical Lead, Technology Consultant, Operations Lead.
Brief Description = I have worked in various technical capacities as a SME in Microsoft technologies in both hard core technical role (Tech Lead) as well as a consultant assisting the field closely to close sales cycles. I have had a fair amount of exposure to the customer base in the datacenter space (across geographies) and have worked in various solutions for the same. Currently, I am the service owner for a part of a large datacenter's operations and lead both infra management and support delivery teams for services that I own.

I am pretty clear about where I want to go next and why I need ISB. Given this background, it would be of immense help if I can get an initial assessment of my candidature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
S.

Hi,

In short you have a fair chance at making it to ISB as you got appreciable work-ex in reputed companies, good GMAT and most importantly I trust you have a clear idea of why you want to do an MBA. However, the chances will amplify based on how well you can express yourself through the application essays and do well on the interview (in case called for one).

With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
https://www.general-ed.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
goldhunter80 wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am looking to apply to ISB in R2 this year and here is a snapshot of my profile:

Acads
Xth = 84%
XIIth = 65%
Engineering = 73% (Delhi Univ.)
MS (Canada) = CGPA og 3.93/4.33 (have many publications)

GMAT
Q = 50
V = 40
OA = 760
AWA = 6.0

Work Ex
Years = 5 (till date)
Companies Worked for = Microsoft & NetApp
Roles = Technical Lead, Technology Consultant, Operations Lead.
Brief Description = I have worked in various technical capacities as a SME in Microsoft technologies in both hard core technical role (Tech Lead) as well as a consultant assisting the field closely to close sales cycles. I have had a fair amount of exposure to the customer base in the datacenter space (across geographies) and have worked in various solutions for the same. Currently, I am the service owner for a part of a large datacenter's operations and lead both infra management and support delivery teams for services that I own.

I am pretty clear about where I want to go next and why I need ISB. Given this background, it would be of immense help if I can get an initial assessment of my candidature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
S.

Hi

With all goo things in your profile such MS degree, MS ( Microsoft ) brand etc and a GMAT score of 760 getting an interview call from ISB should not be tough for you.

But .... sell your profile more as an operations lead and mention the pre sales work that you have done to mitigate the technical side of your profile which might make you appear like a regular IT profile. Even the examples that you quote in essays should be more around handling support team, consulting work rather than technology. If you can do this well you will tell ISB that you are an apt candidate for jobs like Google Online Sales & operations manager and hence will have a better chance.

Cheers
goISB Team
GMAT Club Bot