Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I liked using the retired paper tests. They are official questions so you can get the proper feel for what is being asked. They are not CATs though, so they won't help much with timing, etc.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kaplan is not that good at predicting scores, but it's good for working on timing. Kaplan RCs and CRs are quite longer than GMAT's so if you can manage Kaplan with time to spare, then your timing is OK+.

Hope it helps. L.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I liked using the retired paper tests. They are official questions so you can get the proper feel for what is being asked. They are not CATs though, so they won't help much with timing, etc.

I have some of the paper tests - bought a pack of them - I think there are 3-4 of them.

I will use them over the next week before the exam.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
pelihu wrote:

I have some of the paper tests - bought a pack of them - I think there are 3-4 of them.

I will use them over the next week before the exam.

have 12 of them if interested, - let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The GMAT Prep practice tests are the only one's available which are good predictors of your score, however they are only a good predictor the first time you take them.

So once you have taken the 2 practice tests the only really good predictor of your score will be the real test, although the practice tests from Princeton review, Kaplan etc are likely to be in the ball park.

If you have taken the GMAT 3 times before and have got similar scores then you are going to need to do something different in your preparation this time. Maybe it's the tutor that will make the difference this time or maybe you will crack an area of the test that you have been particularly struggling on.

Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
prepfortests wrote:
The GMAT Prep practice tests are the only one's available which are good predictors of your score, however they are only a good predictor the first time you take them.

So once you have taken the 2 practice tests the only really good predictor of your score will be the real test, although the practice tests from Princeton review, Kaplan etc are likely to be in the ball park.

If you have taken the GMAT 3 times before and have got similar scores then you are going to need to do something different in your preparation this time. Maybe it's the tutor that will make the difference this time or maybe you will crack an area of the test that you have been particularly struggling on.

Best of luck.

Yes I believe you are right and that has been my ongoing concern. I have exhausted the only tru indicator of performance so the real test is all thats left. The tutor has helped me in some of my weak spots so we will see how things go next Thursday. I believe I will get a higher score, my fundamentals are much stronger then before even though I always felt prepared to do well.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]