Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
jaynayak wrote:
thanks .....

No deadlines for me this time..... I just have to try retraining ....

If you do try again...

1. Use about.com forums.
2. Get a quit meter. I have a firefox extension called quitomzilla. Watching it tick up is a good motivator.
3. Tell your friends your quitting (the shame of failing if you dont will keep you motivated)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
jaynayak wrote:
thanks .....

If you do try again...

1. Use about.com forums.
2. Get a quit meter. I have a firefox extension called quitomzilla. Watching it tick up is a good motivator.
3. Tell your friends your quitting (the shame of failing if you dont will keep you motivated)

It also helps to be humiliated. I once saw a guy who was shopping with his kid suddenly get struck with a serious hacking attack. People around him started getting so concerned that one lady even called 911. Eventually his explosive coughing subsided, the guy apologized to the crowd which had gathered around him, admitted that he was a smoker, and pleaded to his crying kid that everything was going to be OK. I would be willing to bet that he quit then and there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
jaynayak wrote:
thanks .....

If you do try again...

1. Use about.com forums.

It also helps to be humiliated. I once saw a guy who was shopping with his kid suddenly get struck with a serious hacking attack. People around him started getting so concerned that one lady even called 911. Eventually his explosive coughing subsided, the guy apologized to the crowd which had gathered around him, admitted that he was a smoker, and pleaded to his crying kid that everything was going to be OK. I would be willing to bet that he quit then and there.

Yea, thatd probably do it....

2 weeks, 5 days and 14 hours, saving 391.74 cigarettes and $148.86.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
2 weeks, 6 days and 16 hours, saving 414.15 cigarettes and $157.37.

coming up on three weeks....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

Ok, so when we hang out in Chicago, absolutely no coffee shops or bars. We'll have to stick to walking around Humboldt Park...which actually might be just as bad for your health as smoking :lol:

Seriously, though, keep kickin' ass on this thing. When you've kicked it completely, you can start training for the '07 marathon with me. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
artshep wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Ok, so when we hang out in Chicago, absolutely no coffee shops or bars. We'll have to stick to walking around Humboldt Park...which actually might be just as bad for your health as smoking :lol:

Seriously, though, keep kickin' ass on this thing. When you've kicked it completely, you can start training for the '07 marathon with me. :)

4 miles on the treadmill today ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Are you guys really going to run any road races? I don't mess with marathons because I think I would go too hard and injure my knees.

Assuming I get in to business school, I plan on running some 5K's over the summer after I quit my job.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm definitely running several road races this year.

I'm running the Shamrock Shuffle 8k in Chicago this weekend. Also planning a half marathon in April or May. And finally the Chicago Marathon in October of this year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm running the Shamrock Shuffle this weekend. Last year I wimped out because it was cold and windy and I felt sick.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh, nice! What starting corral are you in?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I put myself in Corral B. I'm not positive, but I think that I could have started in Corral A because I had a decent time in 2004. Which one are you in?

I've been getting back into shape since mid-January. My sense of pace is all off because I haven't been racing, but if I can run somewhere around 7:00-per-mile pace I'll be satisified. I've dropped close to 10 pounds of fat since January and have detected a noticable increase in my endurance.

If I train through the summer, I think I can lose another 10 pounds of fat and get my 5K pace down to around 6:00 per mile pace.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:
I put myself in Corral B. I'm not positive, but I think that I could have started in Corral A because I had a decent time in 2004. Which one are you in?

I've been getting back into shape since mid-January. My sense of pace is all off because I haven't been racing, but if I can run somewhere around 7:00-per-mile pace I'll be satisified. I've dropped close to 10 pounds of fat since January and have detected a noticable increase in my endurance.

If I train through the summer, I think I can lose another 10 pounds of fat and get my 5K pace down to around 6:00 per mile pace.

This is inspiring.

How frequently and how long do you run? Also, any special needs as far as diet is concerned?

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've just been running on the treadmill after work at my gym. I haven't really even been running that much, but I do run, I run at a fairly quick tempo. I just do around 3.5-4 miles on the treadmill. I've been starting out at around 7:47 for the first mile and then progressively speed up until I'm too out of breath. Last Friday I ran 4.3 miles and did the last 1.3 miles at 6:40 pace. I run outside on the weekends, weather permitting.

I tend to get junk food when I get stressed out, but I've managed to cut back on it quite a bit during the week. I've also been eating a lot of chicken lately and really cut back on regular soda once a week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
flapjack wrote:

Looks like you and I will be neck-and-neck in this race. I'm also in corral B and hoping to run this one under 35 minutes. I'll be the short-ish, meditteranean-looking guy with the soccer legs.

Best of luck. How about running the marathon in October?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck with the race. I'm not sure if I can maintain that pace for an 8K right now, although 35 minutes is my goal.

I'll probably never run a marathon. I prefer 5-10K races. What's your marathon pace?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
3 weeks, 2 days and 12 hours, saving 470.66 cigarettes and $178.85.

Almost at 500 smokes...

Christ I smoked a lot.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9