Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Re: So it's come to this... [#permalink]
Ludacrispat26 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

I can't take a break because I plan on applying to the Harvard 2+2 program, which has a June 15 deadline.

No not that! i meant not taking a break between sections? i thought that helped me a lot!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
Ludacrispat26 wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

I can't take a break because I plan on applying to the Harvard 2+2 program, which has a June 15 deadline.

No not that! i meant not taking a break between sections? i thought that helped me a lot!

Haha oh, I don't know, just was "in the moment" I guess. Wasn't tired. But I'm going to bring a granola bar and gatorade for next time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update:

Hey everyone, I can use some advice.

So after getting a summer job, signing up for an LSAT course, and trying to enjoy my 21st birthday, I neglected my GMAT prep for the early summer, and last week signed up to take the test a second time on July 9th.

I took two GMATPrep tests, and it's been long enough since the last time I took them that I didn't remember seeing any obvious repeats. Here were my scores:

31q,45v
39q,47v

I scored a 680 (43q,41v) my first time out, and am looking to push towards 700.

My low quant scores relative to my real test was my general rust. After bombing my first practice, I brushed up a tiny bit and was able to get a boost. I feel like if I can just get a 40-41 on quant (I honestly think I overperformed there on the real thing), I can hopefully do well enough on the verbal to crack 700.

I have less than two weeks to ago. Aside from practice, any general advice for Quant help after a lull in studying? Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
I thought you were applying to the 2+2 program? The deadline passed right? Or are you planning to apply for next year's?

As for Quant: I think you should use MGMAT Number Properties and the OG 12 with support from OG Quant Review. Track your errors. Master the concepts. And it should be good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
I thought you were applying to the 2+2 program? The deadline passed right? Or are you planning to apply for next year's?

As for Quant: I think you should use MGMAT Number Properties and the OG 12 with support from OG Quant Review. Track your errors. Master the concepts. And it should be good.

Didn't go through with it. 3.55 GPA and 680 GMAT wouldn't make me competitive, and I didn't have time to put together a thorough app with my summer job. I also didn't want to rush in my retaking of the GMAT.

Thanks for the advice!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Took the GMAT for the 2nd time today:

690 (42Q, 41 V)

So yeah, still haven't reached that 700 mark.

Question: Should I retake a third time? Is it worth it? Do admissions officers care about the 3rd time? Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 519 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Ludacrispat26 wrote:

690 (42Q, 41 V)

Question: Should I retake a third time? Is it worth it? Do admissions officers care about the 3rd time? Thanks!

Dang son! You a boss yo! I'm not even trying to go to a top league school man. I'm just trying to get what you got on your first round so I can go to a half way decent MBA program in my state!

Mad props to you man. If I were you I won't take it over again but then again, you're trying to play wit the big ballas so I don't know.

Anyways.....

LLEEEBBRRROOONNNN JJJJAAMMMMMMMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS baby! So hyped he's playing for the heats. Unstoppable. I might not be very good at the GMAT's but I sure as hell make some killer predictions for next season =)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Ludacrispat26 wrote:

690 (42Q, 41 V)

What types of schools are you trying to get in? A 3.55 and 690 is right on the median for many full-time programs.

If you're going to a specialty program (i.e. MIT / Princeton M-Fin) then you definitely need to boost your score
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts