Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Some advice..please!! need to improve urgenlty

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Some advice..please!! need to improve urgenlty [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2006, 09:11
I´m not very sure where to start. At this moment I must say I am very desmotivated . I got 580 on my GMAT ( 38 on tmath) which was the very same score I had originally and cannot understand what happened. I have been studying for the GMAT for 4 months already, two hours daily on average.... and on the last 3 full test I had scored between 630-660 (around 43-44 math, 32- 33 verbal). What happened to me on the GMAT? This is my third time taking it so I´m familiar with the environment...
Since I am from Chile and so English is not my first language, I had focused hard on math...right now I don´t know where to start because I don´t know where I made my mistakes. I actually improved on verbal, and showed nothing on math. I certainly do not want to give up but I feel I have wasted my time.
Please has anything like this happened to anyone? Does anyone recommend me to retake the test? How long should I wait? I wanted to apply for a November round and so if I retake the exam it would have to be by the end of October, 6 weeks away...any suggestions? Material to recommend?
Thanks,
Andrea
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2006, 13:56
Hi Andreaa
Assuming that you have done enough of OG Math (atleast twice with an understanding of why you got some wrong and why you got some right), to improve in Math I sugest -
a) do as many re-installs of GMATPREP as possible because each re-install gives you atleast 75% new math problems (for upto 8 re-installs that I have done). You may want to chose to do just Math if you are ok in verbal.
b) While doing the math, flag every question that you "guessed" or could solve but took long time to solve.
c) At the end, take screenshots of each of the questions that you got wrong and the ones which you guessed but got right.
d) Come back to GMAT club math forum, do a search on "GMATPREP PS" and "GMATPREP DS". This should give you most of the GMATPREP problems and your selected problems may already be there. Go through them to understand the logic of solving them. If your problems are not there, post them here and you can expect some great solutions from folks around.

All the best.
  [#permalink] 12 Sep 2006, 13:56