Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Poor Study Abroad Grades, Strong Home University GPA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Locke1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for being so vague. I'm a recent graduate (december 2012) so I don't have any intentions on applying to business school anytime soon, however, I'd really like to get into a top 5 program. I just wanted to see how this would effect my application all things considered. Do they only really care about the "official" gpa for rankings or whatever. I'm confident I can get a good GMAT score of 730+, I have plans to work as an engineer in a fortune 500 company, and I plan to gain leadership positions in political/non-profit/rights issues organizations.

Are the classes you took in the UK on your official transcript? Are they marked pass/fail? Or they on their own transcript?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The classes are on my official transcript and they are just marked "t" for transfer credit, if I didn't pass a class it wouldn't show up. However, if I requested an official transcript from Sheffield it would show the grades.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
Locke1 wrote:
The classes are on my official transcript and they are just marked "t" for transfer credit, if I didn't pass a class it wouldn't show up. However, if I requested an official transcript from Sheffield it would show the grades.

Posted from my mobile device

Here's what I would do: contact the schools you plan to apply to and ask them if you need a separate transcript from the host school where you participated in a study abroad program. Specify that the courses are on your regular undergrad transcript but are listed without grades. See what the schools say. Some may treat these classes as P/F and you passed. Others will want the transcript. But for those that don't ask for it, obviously your performance in the UK will have no impact.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot