Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I like the mix of schools you listed. Rutgers is well known in the eastern US and seems to match your interest in SCM.

Have you considered Texas-Austin?

How long have you worked in the US?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Hjort,

Thanks for the reply..I actually like the intiatives of rutgers.I spoke to couple of students and they feel the same too..But in general I feel they are known more for their MS program than MBA..Also i am not sure if rutgers will make me as saleable as a Smith or Cox would...Please correct me if i am wrong...

Mccombs was out of my list coz' i have to work in dallas and travelling every day (I couldn't see a weekend program in austin) is difficult
..Now with this score i am sure Mccombs is ruled out as i read in an interview of Dean of Mccombs (in Business Week)he said that if the score is less than 630 no point to apply...

Do you any other info on rutgers???Is it worth doing there(interms of saleability)???

Regards,
Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ThiruPradeep,

you should try for SMU COX and UT-Austin. I live in the dallas/ft. worth area and know many people who went to COX with scores around 550 or so. Your work experience seems pretty good, so I think you would have a decent shot to get in. You may have a shot at UT as well. I interviewed for their part time MBA program in the DFW area with the associate dean. I think with a 620, you still may have a shot into their FT program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi hornsfan2005,

Thanks for the reply..It was encouraging...SMU COX is in fact very forthcoming and they do a pre application evaluation..Last time when i sent my resume with the score of 570 she mailed me back saying my verbal needs improvement....This time although my verbal went down she mailed me back saying my profile sounds very good with the score and I should apply...

UT Austin , is my dream college since i saw a college Football match in UTA @2000...I love to be there..I am not sure if their part time schedule fits mine..Will look at it and will give a shot if it fits me...THANKS A LOT FOR THIS INFO AS GETTING A FIRST HAND INFO AT MANY TIMES IS BETTER THAN WHAT WE READ IN JOURNALS....

I appreciate your help...

BTW , Any idea if what score would be good for a STERN PART TIME MBA..I spoke to them and they were very rude..Just said apply and see...

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi hornsfan2005,

Thanks for the info abt. UT Austin DFW center..Went thru's the web site and sounds impressive..Am happy that i have one more option to shoot at...

Regards,
Pradeep

Hi Hjort,

I realized i didn't answer ur question on US experience...I have around 1.5 years of US experience and around 2 years in Switzerland...

Regards,
Pradeep
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts