Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 12:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

takeing GMAT 4 times?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

takeing GMAT 4 times? [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2007, 22:12
Just wondering I have taken gmat 3 times and I did not get the score that I wanted, do you think that if I score 600+ in the fourth times, is the university (it is an state university and it requires 500+) would it consider my improvement a positive or it would say you took it 4 times!!!!!!!!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2007, 09:25
It really depends on where you want to apply, as I far I know most top business schools would not favorably upon you taking the test 3+ times.

The best person to tell you that is the admissions officer at the school where you want to go, talk to that person and see what the school does. Also check out where you stand with the rest of your package, for instance, if you have a high gpa and demonstrate quantitative ability through job experience, you may already be set and ready to start writing essays.

Good luck!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 17:09
empanado wrote:
as I far I know most top business schools would not favorably upon you taking the test 3+ times.

I'm not entirely sure you're right.

I've consistently heard from every admissions rep (top 5 schools) that it doesn't matter how many times you take it - as long as you see appreciable improvements in your score.

These same reps note that 5+ attempts with similar score ranges seems excessive and questionable. The schools care about their incoming class's GMAT score only to maintain their GMAT median statistics. They don't care about and they don't report the number of times their students have taken the exam.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2007, 18:26
I know a person who took the test 6 times to finally break 700...he did and ended up getting into some top 10 schools. So people can and do take it a lot of times.

I think it depends on the time frame. If you take it 4 times in a year that might be looked at differently than 2 times 3 years ago and then twice this year.
  [#permalink] 11 Aug 2007, 18:26