Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 10:06 It is currently 09 May 2024, 10:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Follow-Up Question [#permalink]
nxrfelix, I have an great internship with a Fortune 500 company this summer and was thinking about working as a research assistant at Michigan's Ross B-School next summer. This would give me some flexibility since I plan to take an early summer strategic planning course offered in China through Ross. Will the research position look bad to a prospective I-Bank or Consulting Firm for the following summer?

Although I didn't mention it in my earlier post, I'm thinking about taking the June LSAT the following summer... as I might want to do a combined MBA/JD. Some top schools, like Michigan, don't require the normal MBA experience if you're dual enrolled. I don't know how many other top schools have this view.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in a similar position with you guys. I just graduated this May with a degree in accounting, and I'm signed up to take the GMAT in mid July because I have to study for the CPA exam starting in late July - August while beginning work full time.

Anhydrosis, if you take it now, you'll have until 2012 to apply to graduate schools, and assuming that you're graduating in 09, the most experience you can have is 3 years going into the application process before your GMAT score expires. So waiting one more year could be beneficial to you in the future if you still don't know what you want to do or if you have to reapply in a later year or something.

Otherwise, I feel like it's a good move if you feel like you can do well. What's there to lose? Besides the 250 bucks if you decide not to get your MBA after all.

nxrfelix when are you signed up to take your GMAT?

I will have studied for just under 2 months by the time I take mine in July.. and I'm hoping that's enough time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
plaguerabbit wrote:
I'm in a similar position with you guys. I just graduated this May with a degree in accounting, and I'm signed up to take the GMAT in mid July because I have to study for the CPA exam starting in late July - August while beginning work full time.

Anhydrosis, if you take it now, you'll have until 2012 to apply to graduate schools, and assuming that you're graduating in 09, the most experience you can have is 3 years going into the application process before your GMAT score expires. So waiting one more year could be beneficial to you in the future if you still don't know what you want to do or if you have to reapply in a later year or something.

Otherwise, I feel like it's a good move if you feel like you can do well. What's there to lose? Besides the 250 bucks if you decide not to get your MBA after all.

nxrfelix when are you signed up to take your GMAT?

I will have studied for just under 2 months by the time I take mine in July.. and I'm hoping that's enough time.

I guess if JD/MBA is smth u want than take the test now...
Im signed up to take mine on June 8th
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]