Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

taking GMAT for 2nd time: don't send any score reports?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

taking GMAT for 2nd time: don't send any score reports? [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2004, 07:38
Here is the situation: I took the exam once and my score was higher than the median for the schools I'm targeting.

However, I think I could do better and am taking the exam in a few weeks. But I understand that 30% of re-takers actually do worse the 2nd time. I'm considering not sending any score reports the day of the exam, and only sending them if I end up doing better (I sent reports after the 1st exam). I know b-schools take your highest score, but a lower score the 2nd time could look bad.

Thoughts on this plan? I know I would have to pay $25 per report after the fact.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2004, 16:31
I guess that depends on how prepared you are for the retake, how many schools you're applying to, and how much you can afford to drop on sending the scores after the fact. It's all on you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Scores [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2004, 12:09
Hi Tony,

You are in a very good position. I would recommend that you send the second set of scores only if you do better. A lower second score, will have the adcomms doubt your first score. Two schools that I applied to accepted my unofficial scores (2nd set) by fax after the app deadline. If you score the exact same, you basically confirm your ability. Manage your marketing strategy to your advantage.
Scores   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2004, 12:09