Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction by Stacey Koprince

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 11-20-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction by Stacey Koprince [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 04:22
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

100% (01:17) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 1 sessions
Hello, I found this wonderful article ''The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction'' written by Stacey Koprince on MGMAT website. I think this can help you solve sentence correction problem with in one minute.

All the best.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Attachments

File comment: The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction
The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction.pdf [57.14 KiB]
Downloaded 130 times

To download please login or register as a user

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 2474 [0], given: 693

Re: The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction by Stacey Koprince [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 09:09
Expert's post
well

Im not completely sure if there is an other article (the same) posted on this board. However, I have serious doubts that even with this technique a person who haven't done a bunch of practice could tackle SC in less than one minute.

It is also true that the average to pick the right answer is about on minute but on the most convoluted SC, 1.30 secs or almost 2 minutes is acceptable.

regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction by Stacey Koprince [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 21:15
Don't see anything mindblowingly brilliant about this technique. I mean mostly that is how we approach SC, by doing splits. The problem if you ask me is more not being able to figure out which error to look for or how to identify which of the 7-8 error types is tested in a sentence. At least on high difficulty questions that is what I've found to a problem and practicing a lot of questions definitely helps as suggested by carcass.

Here's how I got a 760 on the GMAT

Re: The 5 Steps for Sentence Correction by Stacey Koprince   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2013, 21:15