Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 323 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4468 [0]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: The start of my 5 wk study plan... Thoughts? [#permalink]
Why a 5 week study plan?
Are you already on the 700 level?
I committed the same mistake and rushed to take the GMAT. Trust me, first gauge your performance by taking a CAT and if you get -50 of your desired score, then I will suggest to take the GMAT after 5 week preparation.MGMAT is the best series for the GMAT and just go through it once. One more thing to be noted that if you prepare for GMAT religiously, there will be a time when you will fall in love with this test.
Gud luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for your responses.

Marcab, to answer your question: The deadline for the uni I want to apply to is February 28th giving me enough time to make two attempts at the GMAT if I plan it right. However, if I were to go all in with one attempt, that will give me 3 months to prepare. Like you said, I'll get a better idea of where I stand once I take the practice exam which I plan on doing this weekend. Meanwhile, I'm familiarizing myself with the format and type of questions; basically doing practice problems.

I've ordered the OG, MGMAT complete guide and, powerscore CR bible from Amazon and I should be receiving them by this weekend.

All that being said.. gauging by the practice problems, I just might need 3 months to study. I guess I wasn't as smart as I thought, lol.

Anyways, let's see how I do on that practice exam.

Oz
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Couple things you need to know:
1. Where you are right now - e.g. what is your current score?
2. Where you want to get (do you want to improve 50, 100, or xxx points?)

That would clarify quite a bit as to what we can recommend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bb.

I took the gmatprep practice exam today and made the mistake of quitting after the quant section instead of pausing the exam. I didn't have enough time for verbal so I figured I'd check and analyse my quant score really quick. Well, the practice exam apparently doesn't work that way and you have to take the whole exam to see your score. So.. I'm going to attempt the whole thing again after work tomorrow.

But, gauging by how I'm doing on practice problems these past two days, it's not looking all that great; it's a little disheartening to be honest, lol. But.. I'm enjoying that these problems make you think outside the box. Let's see what I score.

BTW, great job on the website bb. You and the people that made this happen, kudos to all of you!

Oz
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well.. I made a 580 q35 v35.

I'm extremely disappointed with my quant score; I thought that would be my strength. From doing practice problems I knew it wasn't going to be good but I didn't expect it to be that bad either. That's a real bummer.

I guess a change of strategy is in order because I doubt I can bring my score up by a 100 in 5 weeks. Instead, I'm thinking I'll take it end of Jan. That should give me roughly 3 months to study which I hope should give me enough time.

I've started working through the practice problems in the OG; finding my specific weaknesses (equations, exponents, etc). Then I'll focus on these issues using the MGMAT books. I think that should be a good start. Right?

Oz
GMAT Club Bot