Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
karankaul, your post is great. How should we study for the standard deviation or statistics questions? I think everyone knows how to find averages, modes, & medians but it can't be that simple, can it? Most of the statistics-related questions I found in the OG were easy but I've read that some people have seen hard questions on this topic on recent GMAT exams.

I scored a 500 on Kaplan 1 & 510 on Kaplan (I didn't finish the math on either so that hurt a lot) & your post gives me hope that I can get in the 650-700 range.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Karankaul:
Congrats for the wonderful score. It is amazing that you achieved this score without touching OG. How did you prepare for SC? Did you just studied kaplan/princeton , or did something extra for that. 41 in verbal is very good for a non native speaker. I would like to know your strategy in this section.
Also, how was your experience in maths section. Didnt U find some really tough questions in first 10 questions? How about coordinate geometry stuff?
Infact your kaplan scores have boosted me.. I scored 630 in first kaplan test.. I didnt find maths very hard in that..only found RC's and some cr's hard. Yes, scoring is very harsh.And am doing reasonably well in their section tests. For reference, how were you doing in individual section tests in kaplan cd?. For ex.. how many correct out of 22 in SC, 16 in CR.. 20 in DS and so on.
Thanks and good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, im jealous, congrats on your achievement!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
try to answer all questions [#permalink]
Ritesh:
Accordig to my personal humble opinion, you dont really have to do much about statistics, probability or perm comb, just understand the basics and the medium to easy questions, if u get a realllly hard question from these topics in the GMAT< it means you are doing really well, so either way dont lose hope..just understand the basics and do some practice Qs
and dont worry about kaplan, frankly the kaplan tests have less to do with the GMAT than even the LSATS do. The scores on Kaplan tests should NEVER MATTER.

crackgmat:
I prepared for the SC, by studying the methods from the kaplan, PR books and then solved every single question i could get my hands on .,... I did not have OG cuz it was too expensive for me, but i did have Powerprep, so i did that. Im not really a non native speaker, a lot of indians are not because they have been learning english for 12 years in school.... But ill have to take the TOEFL anyway which is a joke because most people can ace that in their sleep.
I found the hardest math Qs were questions #10-#20...after than it just got ridiculously easy...
I dont remember my individual kaplan scores, but it semms you are doing well.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bell curve [#permalink]
you know ... i also believe that studying for the gmat is like a bell curve...after some time u get to the point where you are top of ur game and scoring the maximum number of right questions...If u study past that, then ur scoring rate goes down.kinda like a bell curve... So be care ful and make sure you manage urself well... I went down the bell curve..so i gave myself couple days off and studied till i climbed back up again...

Hope this helps
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations for the 730. Great score..

Good luck on your essays and admissions. Do continue visiting and keep sharing your knowledge with new members.

Sincerely
Praetorian
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
:wave

Congratulations !!!!

Good job.

I am specially happy because you didn't use the OG and you score not so high at Kaplan...me too ! ( conclusion -> I have also the right to dream about getting 700 ^_^) :cool

Anyway, great score and you should be also very happy because now you can burn your Kaplan and Princeton :-) I just hope I can do the same in 3 weeks... :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great attitude. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts