Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 17:31 It is currently 10 May 2024, 17:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [31]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GPA: 3.87
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73141 [0]
Given Kudos: 18943
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 884 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Send PM
Re: 3 Months to 760 Q50/V42/IR8 [#permalink]
Congratulations for your great score. Thanks for sharing your debrief, AND the plan and strategy you give will be helpful for many people
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Thank you all for your kind words! I haven't narrowed potential schools down to short list. I'm still researching where exactly I would find a good fit! I know that I'm very interested in Kellogg and Sloan, but so many other schools are very alluring.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2233 [0]
Given Kudos: 199
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Very nice debrief!
Congratulations on the 760 arthurychoi

All the best for your applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Thank you so much for sharing! Where are is the GMAT Prep software that you are referring to?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congratulations, what a great score. I will carefully study your plan to fit my schedule. Thank you for sharing.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
kaseychau wrote:
Thank you so much for sharing! Where are is the GMAT Prep software that you are referring to?

Hi Kaseychau! the GMATPrep software is part of the official GMAC GMAT resources. If you follow the exam prep tab on their main page you will be able access two practice tests for free, with more available for about 25 dollars each. These exams are very similar to the real test you will take, so it is highly advised that you take these exams to evaluate your performance as you study. Try to not exhaust these exams too early in the process. Rather, space them out evenly to track your progress as you study.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73141 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I was just re-reading your debrief and I like your style of prep - very economical and not fancy. Pretty standard resources, though you have used a cross-mix of books - Kaplan, MGMAT, and PowerScore.

I also started with Kaplan's general book and then moved on to more advanced books once I figured it was only going to take me so far. Did you use both MGMAT and PowerScore for Verbal or just PowerScore? What made you choose them instead of just sticking it out with MGMAT?

What about the RC? Did not use the MGMATs RC book?

As to schools, I would recommend getting started soon - perhaps by July to lock in your options.
Do you have friends/colleagues you can rely on for your admissions network, advice, and support? or you planning to use a consultant (you don't sound like one who will but just curious) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
3 Months to 760 Q50/V42/IR8 [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
I was just re-reading your debrief and I like your style of prep - very economical and not fancy. Pretty standard resources, though you have used a cross-mix of books - Kaplan, MGMAT, and PowerScore.

I also started with Kaplan's general book and then moved on to more advanced books once I figured it was only going to take me so far. Did you use both MGMAT and PowerScore for Verbal or just PowerScore? What made you choose them instead of just sticking it out with MGMAT?

What about the RC? Did not use the MGMATs RC book?

As to schools, I would recommend getting started soon - perhaps by July to lock in your options.
Do you have friends/colleagues you can rely on for your admissions network, advice, and support? or you planning to use a consultant (you don't sound like one who will but just curious) :)

I mostly based which resources to use on the input from a friend that took the GMAT in 2018. I'm not able to really speak decisions on RC prep, as I was able to get by the section well without much prep work! I do consistently read through some pretty dense investing blogs/editorials/journals, so I'm sure that helped me in my prep. I used powerscore CR as my only resource for CR, and I felt like repeatedly practicing their methodology until it was second nature was all I had needed to study! I kind of did this funny thing as I was prepping for CR and RC, to just repeat the words "critical thinking" in my head, to just kind of always try and think a layer deeper than I would normally. I actually got my ESR back, and the results mirror how I thought I would perform going into the test. I missed one question out of CR+RC. Glad to say I got a 6 on the AWA as well!

I've actually chosen my round 1 schools! I'll be applying to Haas, Kellogg, Yale SOM, and Sloan. I'm thinking about adding one more school, but i'm going to begin prep with those 4 in mind! These programs seemed to have strong programs related to sustainability and social impact, and I think my extracurricular and passion aligns well with these schools. I have an amazing girlfriend that'll start helping me draft, a friend matriculating at a M7 schools, and a close friend at MBB that will be able to help! I feel really blessed as I go through this process since I've had a lot of support from some awesome people, including countless gmatclub members!

Originally posted by arthurychoi on 21 Jun 2019, 18:36.
Last edited by arthurychoi on 22 Jun 2019, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73141 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fantastic! Congrats on finalizing your program list! I would also encourage you to connect and ask to be connected with someone attending one of these programs who has similar goals and aspirations to yours. You will learn a ton along the way and also improve your applications and have a pretty good idea about your #1 choice. Current students are some of the best resources.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats, thank you for the tips you shared about your study plan. I am prepping for my exam as well and I have a learnt a few tips here. Thanks

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37408 posts