Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [7]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [2]
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [7]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Re: In 1923 the innovative Russian filmmaker Dziga Vertov described filmma [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Sajjad1994

Can the OEs be posted for all except Q5. I feel there is a mismatch between the OEs and the key presented here.
Not sure if the others agree but the OEs for some questions seem a little irrelevant to the passage.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Re: In 1923 the innovative Russian filmmaker Dziga Vertov described filmma [#permalink]
I think there is a problem with OAs. Could you please provide OEs for questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Can someone please explain this passage?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
carouselambra wrote:
Hi Sajjad1994

Can the OEs be posted for all except Q5. I feel there is a mismatch between the OEs and the key presented here.
Not sure if the others agree but the OEs for some questions seem a little irrelevant to the passage.

Regards.

bb
Another example - would be great if we could have OEs for the wider benefit of the community!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I think we need a verbal expert to go through this RC, evaluate it, and give their thoughts, possibly even the OEs also.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Can anyone explain the OAs?
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [1]
Send PM
In 1923 the innovative Russian filmmaker Dziga Vertov described filmma [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Everyone!

I knew I am late in the party, I was busy in the Economist Reading challenge earlier and then in the Eid-ul-fitr weekend so couldn't participate here. Apologies for the late reply. I am mentioning all the participants on this RC to grab their attention.

carouselambra

Oyndrila Welcome! to GMAT Club.

Lamiya1029

akhilpm

kntombat

I have attempted this RC without time considerations we need to take care of during the official test. And below are my comments.

Q#1: I was not sure on question number 1 and selected a random option.

Q#2: I selected C

Q#3: I selected A

Q#4: I selected A

Q#5: I selected C

Q#6: I selected E

Q#7: I selected E

Getting a horrifying result I was sure the OAs are not true and this was really alarming for me, I went back to the source (1000-series document) and by doing a thorough research I came to know the OAs were misplaced. I have edited the OAs and I can assure you now that the current OAs are 100% true.

According to the GMAT Club's timers stats I am sharing the difficulty levels of the questions for your knowledge.

Question #1: 650
Question #2: 700
Question #3: 600
Question #4: 600
Question #5: 600
Question #6: 650
Question #7: 650

Overall: 650

carouselambra wrote:
Another example - would be great if we could have OEs for the wider benefit of the community!

carouselambra your above quoted comment suggests that you have seen such issue on other RC posts too, can you please point out them by mentioning the links of the questions I will be happy to help if I can do anything.

Thank you everyone for your time on this RC, your comments and concerns. The riddle has been solved now let me know if anyone have any questions.

Best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Well i understand Option C is correct in this question, but i selected Option D because of the following text in the last paragraph:-
The specialized written language of art history needs to be relinquished or at least tempered for the screen.

Can anyone please explain how Option D is wrong.

1. The passage suggests that a filmmaker desiring to enhance viewers’ perceptions of art should do which of the following?

(A) Rely on the precise language of art history when developing scripts for films on art.
(B) Rely on dramatic narrative and music to set a film’s tone and style.
(C) Recognize that a work of art by itself can be compelling enough to hold a viewer’s attention.
(D) Depend more strongly on narration instead of camera movements to guide the viewer’s gaze..
(E) Emphasize the social and the historical contexts within which works of art have been created.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [0]
Send PM
Sajjad1994 Thank you for the OAs!
Surely will keep you posted. Would be great if you could post the OEs (wherever applicable) after 24 hours for the benefit of the wider community. It will be really helpful and I have seen a couple of other folks requesting for the same.

Many thanks.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32924 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
carouselambra wrote:
Surely will keep you posted. Would be great if you could post the OEs (wherever applicable) after 24 hours for the benefit of the wider community. It will be really helpful and I have seen a couple of other folks requesting for the same.

Many thanks.

I open up all the emails of GMAT Club excluding the Kudos notifications, I then read them and keep the ones i have to reply to, I bookmark and save them into chrome bookmark folder. Then opens up all the links one by one and post the explanations, If i have OE i will post it on my first preference, If i don't have OE i will attempt the question and will post my approach on the question (it takes approx. 4 times of the time needed to post an OE). If i have attempted the passage but was unable to find the suitable words to post the explanation i will wait for some better person to reply that query. This is what my working style is. Another reason i missed any explanation is that i could be busy in some other forum task. Sometimes I also become lazy on some weekend day such as Saturday or Sunday. I listed up all the possible reasons for any late reply, don't worry i share this all just for knowledge with fun. I will try my best to join the party as soon as possible. :)

Regards
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [0]
Send PM
Sajjad1994 wrote:
carouselambra wrote:

Many thanks.

I open up all the emails of GMAT Club excluding the Kudos notifications, I then read them and keep the ones i have to reply to, I bookmark and save them into chrome bookmark folder. Then opens up all the links one by one and post the explanations, If i have OE i will post it on my first preference, If i don't have OE i will attempt the question and will post my approach on the question (it takes approx. 4 times of the time needed to post an OE). If i have attempted the passage but was unable to find the suitable words to post the explanation i will wait for some better person to reply that query. This is what my working style is. Another reason i missed any explanation is that i could be busy in some other forum task. Sometimes I also become lazy on some weekend day such as Saturday or Sunday. I listed up all the possible reasons for any late reply, don't worry i share this all just for knowledge with fun. I will try my best to join the party as soon as possible. :)

Regards

Yes I totally agree on posting on OEs bit - takes a lot of time. Nevertheless, thank you for your contribution and surely will look forward to your inputs. Don't worry about the late replies, its completely alright. :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Send PM
Can anyone explain 6question please

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Can anyone explain questions 2,5 and 6?
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts