Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNC MAC Class of 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 22:47
ThePrinceOfSunspear wrote:
What is everyone's age here in this forum?

I applied late and actually just took the GMAT and sent it to UNC. Waiting to hear back from them. I got a 690 on the GMAT which was my first time taking it so I'm guessing thats alright.

The main thing I'm worried about though is my lack of work experience. How much work experience did you guys have? I've been looking for entry level accounting positions or any "business" related entry level positions but so far no good. And I really need to get one because my long term goal once this MAC program is finished is to apply to a full fledge MBA program. Its kinda frustrating cuz it seems like the only way to get your foot in the door is if you already had the connections which I don't due to my completely different background.

How much have you actually looked into UNC? It caps the # of courses in accounting you can come in with at 3 or 4. I'm 23 and so is my roommate who's starting the same program. They don't look for work experience, especially accounting experience. I don't imagine anyone would have any relevant experience in accounting for this particular program, given the course cap. I'm sure you're not the only one looking at an MBA down the line...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 14:12
Visirale wrote:
ThePrinceOfSunspear wrote:
What is everyone's age here in this forum?

I applied late and actually just took the GMAT and sent it to UNC. Waiting to hear back from them. I got a 690 on the GMAT which was my first time taking it so I'm guessing thats alright.

The main thing I'm worried about though is my lack of work experience. How much work experience did you guys have? I've been looking for entry level accounting positions or any "business" related entry level positions but so far no good. And I really need to get one because my long term goal once this MAC program is finished is to apply to a full fledge MBA program. Its kinda frustrating cuz it seems like the only way to get your foot in the door is if you already had the connections which I don't due to my completely different background.

How much have you actually looked into UNC? It caps the # of courses in accounting you can come in with at 3 or 4. I'm 23 and so is my roommate who's starting the same program. They don't look for work experience, especially accounting experience. I don't imagine anyone would have any relevant experience in accounting for this particular program, given the course cap. I'm sure you're not the only one looking at an MBA down the line...

Seeing as how I've already applied I think I have looked at them pretty closely. So yes I know about what they want and don't want from their candidates. I think its dumb but thats their policy so whatever.

And the job is more for when I apply for the MBA programs down the road. I want a position that in which I can show growth as an individual and employee. But the key of course if finding something to begin with.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 20:38
when did you apply?
Intern
Intern

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2012, 20:47
When is everyone moving up/down there? I should be there on the 11th of May. Gives me a week to get settled in before orientation. Finishing up my job here this week. I can't wait to be back into a school routine. Making sure I have everything I need before the drive up. It will be my first time living more than 20 minutes from home... I'm excited to experience it.

Orientation can't get here soon enough!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 18:37
Will be arriving in Chapel Hill on the 10th. havent sorted out my accommodation as of yet. shall stay with a friend in Raleigh over the weekend and hopefully find something.

is anyone studying anything prior to the summer classes ? i have 2 yrs of work exp in investment banking/equity research and consulting .. but almost no accounting background ... i went through a couple of Becker CPA books .. as expected .. accounting and finance are poles apart ...

Virtus junxit mors non separabit

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 07 May 2012, 07:37
I have a problem and I hope somebody can help :(

I start classes on the 21st but my on-campus apartment is not ready until June 2nd. The Housing Office will not let me move in early and extended stay hotels are nearly $100 per night. Does anyone have a spare couch I can crash on for a few days? I'll need to stay from Sunday through Thursday night (May 20-24th) and Sunday through Thursday night again (May 27th through May 31). I am a guy, clean, and I would be happy to chip in with rent/utilities.

If anyone can help send me a PM and I will give you my info. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2012, 19:39
My roommate and I are all moved in. Already LOVING this area. So much to do. Anyone else around? We should get together before orientation.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 May 2012, 21:54
Visirale wrote:
My roommate and I are all moved in. Already LOVING this area. So much to do. Anyone else around? We should get together before orientation.

I just moved in today. I have to take a placement test on Tuesday, if anyone else is doing that, so I'll be on campus doing some fun and exciting review tomorrow and Monday. Feel free to PM me if you want to grab a quick lunch or something!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 15:15
Not sure how many other people replied but I'm up for getting together before orientation. Set something up and I'll come meet you.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 May 2012, 20:01
Reaching Chapel Hill on the 15th of May - tuesday.

Visited the campus once last week -- its pretty awesome .. was driving around. It took me a good deal of time to find the business school - didn't have a map though.

saw some part of the BSBA graduation ceremony too.

Virtus junxit mors non separabit

Intern
Intern

Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 20:48
You can find out about textbooks for our first too classes through the UNC bookstore website. Not the easiest interface, but it didn't take too long. Just look up by course info. Ended up getting them on Amazon used and will be here guaranteed on Thursday. Saved A LOT over the bookstore used price. Can't really do anything about the coursepack, but what can you do?

Finding some really good restaurants around. Everybody ready for Friday? It finally seems like we're getting some emails and there is a little bit of communication going on. Hopefully it can only get better.
Re: UNC MAC Class of 2013   [#permalink] 15 May 2012, 20:48