Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1454 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 406 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Advice? Possible to go from 42 quant to 48 in a few weeks? [#permalink]
If you feel you are good with math you can. 48 is not past most people who are good at math. Then again I have only hit 48 on practice so what do I know. But the level of questions aren't overly difficult. Even at the 50 range is in the realm of possibility. Once you get to 51 though, then you are really talking about math gurus ! From my experiences you need to be able to do medium level questions flawless. That is the problem though. You need to identify your weak spots. If you have a glaring deficiency you can easily up your score a few points. Like for me, learning how prime factorization and divisibility can be used to solve those types of problems definitely increased my score by a point. There are so many questions on that so knowing how to do those questions flawlessly can help.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I think were I messed up on this test is that the problems I got wrong were pretty easy, just made silly mistakes and got them wrong. I feel like getting a 500 level question wrong will just drop your score significantly. Maybe by 2-3 points. Anyone agree with that?

I got the first two problems wrong, so that just prob shot me in the foot. I have gotten a 45 quant in the past, gmatprep.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
MY 2 C ENTS..

stop judging the level of the question...its not going to do you any good..focus on your weak areas..u mentioned silly mistakes..then do something about it..take some coffee or vitamin B complex..help your mind relax before the test..so you are more focused..

gmat is not about what 400 level question u got right..its about getting every question correct..thats the challenge..your goal should be to get every question correct..thats the attitude you need..otherwise..you will not achieve higher..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
UPDATE***Re: Advice? Possible to go from 42 quant to 48 i [#permalink]
Took another gmatprep tonight folks, and score a 47 QUANT!! Are you kidding me....When I first started studying a year ago I was at 33 Quant.

The biggest surprise is how many I guessed on, and I finished Quant with 10 mins to spare this time!! What the heck? I took a different strategy this time. If I didn't know how to do a problem, take your best guess and move on!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: UPDATED! Possible to go from 42 quant to 48 in a few weeks? [#permalink]
congrats, did you see any repeats or was it all new?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: UPDATED! Possible to go from 42 quant to 48 in a few weeks? [#permalink]
I only saw 1 I have seen before -- but I got it wrong anyway :) haha.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 338 [0]
Send PM
fresinha12 wrote:
MY 2 C ENTS..

stop judging the level of the question...its not going to do you any good..focus on your weak areas..u mentioned silly mistakes..then do something about it..take some coffee or vitamin B complex..help your mind relax before the test..so you are more focused..

gmat is not about what 400 level question u got right..its about getting every question correct..thats the challenge..your goal should be to get every question correct..thats the attitude you need..otherwise..you will not achieve higher..

+1 I agree with this.

Congrats on the upping of your score as well!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts