Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 19:15
I've been fortunate enough to get accepted to both, and I can't decide. I've visited both and loved each one equally.

I know UT tends to get ranked more highly, but alot of this has to do with the fact that UT produces a ton of accounting ph.ds who are the same people who rate the programs in the rankings. No doubt UT is phenomenal, but at this point I don't think the specific rankings really matter.

UNC is shorter by about 6 months. It's geared toward non-accounting majors, but UT's program seems to allow for more flexibility.

I'd really appreciate some opinions or insight here.

I was hoping to work either in Austin or North Carolina. Unfortunately, Austin's firms are very small and in very high demand so it's pretty much impossible to land a position.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 23:25
how is texas 6 months longer? I thought it was only 3 months longer if you didnt have an accounting degree. UNC goes May to May, Texas was June to August year 2?
Intern
Intern

Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 18:55
UT is 12-18 months. I don't have an accounting background, and it really depends (you can end up staying longer if you want to be eligible for the CPA exam by graduation). The program isn't as well-structured as UNC. That's the tradeoff though for greater flexibility.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 10:42
Hampster, what school did you end up choosing? I am in the same situation as you are now and this is a very difficult choice!
Intern
Intern

Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 18:45
I just saw your question today. It's too late now, hehe, but I ended up at UT-Austin. How about you? Which program did you decide?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 65

GMAT Tests User
Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 23:44
Congratulations!

Consider KUDOS if my post was helpful. :-D

My Debrief: 750-q49v42-105591.html#p825487

Re: UT-Austin vs. UNC-Chapel Hill   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2010, 23:44