Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: VC internship for M/B/B? [#permalink]
Thanks River, for the insights.

I actually talked to a few people in consulting, and they seems to say that VC is best simply becuase of the prestige (hard to get in), especially since its a big fund...is that not the case?

I hope I didn't make a mistake...initiallly i was debating my VC offer against a couple boutique ibanking offers, and was also invited to interview for IBM consulting...after speaking to some people in MBB, they seem to agree that the VC is best, since my IB offers were from tiny firms with like 20 ppl and questionable deal flow. Also, they said IBM consulting is mainly ops and tech, so not as relevent as it looks (some say MBB looks down on tech/ops consulting). At the time I had to make a decision so I took the VC gig.

Anyone heard of VC internship-> MBB? Any insights would be great.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
Are the bad grades from B-school, or undergrad. I obviously am not in B-school yet and don't know too much about this. Do potential employers look at your undergrad grades as well as your GMAT score, just like a school might?

Some employers - esp in MC, IB - look at undergrad grades + GMAT. I think others just ask for GMAT.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
aceman626 wrote:
Thanks River, for the insights.

I actually talked to a few people in consulting, and they seems to say that VC is best simply becuase of the prestige (hard to get in), especially since its a big fund...is that not the case?

I hope I didn't make a mistake...initiallly i was debating my VC offer against a couple boutique ibanking offers, and was also invited to interview for IBM consulting...after speaking to some people in MBB, they seem to agree that the VC is best, since my IB offers were from tiny firms with like 20 ppl and questionable deal flow. Also, they said IBM consulting is mainly ops and tech, so not as relevent as it looks (some say MBB looks down on tech/ops consulting). At the time I had to make a decision so I took the VC gig.

Anyone heard of VC internship-> MBB? Any insights would be great.

first congrats on your internship! At this point, I wouldn't stress about whether or not it was the right decision. Instead, see if you can find out what "key" points MC firms look for on your resume from a summer internship and just generally from your WE - and if you're lacking those, see if you can get some targeted experience during your internship or build on which ones you already have. I wouldn't rely on just the prestige of your VC firm to get you an offer at M/B/B :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92945 posts
GMAT Tutor
1905 posts