Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP)

• 12% [31]
  • 51% [126]
  • 17% [43]
  • 11% [29]
  • 0% [1]
  • 2% [7]
  • 1% [3]
  • 1% [4]
6 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 354 [6] , given: 182

VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 14:05
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Folks, there are several posts and questions floating around asking which practice tests are good, however the responses given are quite varied. Also there are few members who have exhausted all their tests from one prep company such as MGMAT and are looking for additional alternatives. I was interested in opening an opinion poll to our test takers who have actually experienced these practice tests and are willing to share their experiences & ratings. I believe this poll may help our new members who are trying to figure out the available options.

Factors to consider before you vote:
- Scoring algorithm (how close it resembles to your actual GMAT or GMATPREP tests score)
- Quality of questions (how well crafted are the questions & answer choices)
- Difficulty level of questions
- In-Depth performance analysis with statistics

If you want to learn more about these tests or get their links, then please refer to BB's post below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html?fl=menu

If you want to estimate your GMAT Score by converting Practice test scores, then please use 'GMAT Score Calculator' below:
http://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator

Thanks,
PraPon

Tough 700+ Level RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7
Reading Comprehension notes: Click here
VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
PowerScore CR Bible - Official Guide 13 Questions Set Mapped: Click here

Last edited by PrashantPonde on 23 Jan 2013, 09:35, edited 4 times in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2267

Kudos [?]: 8730 [1] , given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 14:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thank you for starting this poll! I think it is a great initiative. I was just about to revise the thread you have linked to about all the tests (some of those links should really be removed for a number of reasons).

I will take your votes into consideration!

Also keep in mind the GMAT Score Calculator

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 354 [0], given: 182

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 16:01
Thanks BB! I agree, 'All GMAT Tests' link can be revised, as few prep companies such as 800Score have recently released new improved versions of their practice tests and it seems Kaplan & MGMAT too did few tweaks around their scoring algorithm.

I have now included the GMAT Score Calculator in the original voting post.

Thanks,
PraPon

Tough 700+ Level RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 313 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 02:07
Knewton tests are pretty close to actual GMAT. Quant is a bit easy but verbal is right up there.
MGMAT is demoralizing, especially with IR and their new scoing scale. However MGMAT will help you overprepare and hence good practise. Just donot get demoralized.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Expert Post
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 2401 [0], given: 693

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 16:02
Expert's post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 16:24
I think over-preparing will only help improve your chances to achieve your goal. If GMAT is your primary goal for next couple of months then give it a best shot! Just make sure not to burn out yourself.

Thanks,
PraPon

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 2401 [2] , given: 693

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 16:33
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
PraPon wrote:
I think over-preparing will only help improve your chances to achieve your goal. If GMAT is your primary goal for next couple of months then give it a best shot! Just make sure not to burn out yourself.

Ok set the world on fire guys. :)

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 313 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 23:07
carcass wrote:
I would like to know if "overprepare" for the exame is after all a good thing. I would not want to spend energy for something that after give you not an = ROI.

I mean: do what you need.....not more

You cannot overprepare for GMAT, unless your diagnostic score is between 720 and 760.
Tutors spend years still they keep learning new things. The key is NOT to burn out or to make studying a chore.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2401 [0], given: 693

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 04:33
Expert's post
AbhiJ wrote:
carcass wrote:
I would like to know if "overprepare" for the exame is after all a good thing. I would not want to spend energy for something that after give you not an = ROI.

I mean: do what you need.....not more

You cannot overprepare for GMAT, unless your diagnostic score is between 720 and 760.
Tutors spend years still they keep learning new things. The key is NOT to burn out or to make studying a chore.

No. I like to learn day by day, and give me the crazy: but I love this test :) it was only a question. That's it :)

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 23

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 05:51
I think the quant section of the Manhattan GMAT CAT doesn't resemble the real test that much. The questions are too lengthy and overall the amount of 700-800 level questions is too high. I have had MGMAT tests in which I got >35 700-800 level quant questions and my score was only a 48 because I ran out of time towards the end. The GMAT Club quant tests are way better than MGMATs imo.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 19:09
yes MGMAT Quant does push us to limits, few of their 700 level quant problem are algebraic or calculation extensive. But it does help to you improve accuracy and plan/execution speed. I guess, if you can crack MGMAT quant then you can do well (or even better) in GMAT. Only difference I observed during my actual GMAT exam was they had too many DS questions with "word" problem types which takes little longer to read and interpret their convoluted text.

Thanks,
PraPon

Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 562

GMAT Tests User
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 22:37
wow.. I learnt a lot in this post..

I got a 44 in MGMAT Quant on Nov15th and my analysis showed that I missed many many questions because of silly mistakes..

Now I know from the above posts that not only is the MGMAT Quant tough , but also is their new scoring algorithm demoralizing.

I gotto take the GMAT Prep now to know where I actually stand..

MGMAT Verbal is also strange. I found all the RCs to be lengthy whereas I have heard that only 1 RC would be lengthy on the GMAT.

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 521 [0], given: 103

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 08:53
Expert's post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 09:10
Its still on. You can cast your vote. We kept it open to get more votes for better statistics.

Thanks,
PraPon

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 521 [0], given: 103

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 09:19
Expert's post
PraPon wrote:
Its still on. You can cast your vote. We kept it open to get more votes for better statistics.

Well that's great..but can't see the voting button corresponding to voting options..!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 09:38
debayan222 wrote:
PraPon wrote:

Well that's great..but can't see the voting button corresponding to voting options..!

I just checked again. There is no expiration date on this vote. May be you have voted once already. I have enabled the option to re-cast/change vote.

Thanks,
PraPon

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 18

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 15:27
This post helped...I used up all my MGMATs in my first GMAT attempt. I am giving another attempt for GMAT now and was wondering what are the other CAT TESTS options around.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 89

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 15:45
I can't believe that you did not include GMAT Hacks 1800 practice set. IMO, they are the most accurate representation of real GMAT-like Quant questions.

New to GMAT Club? Start here

Kindle Flashcards - Quant (Official Gmat Club, miguemick's Quant topics), and Verbal (Official Gmat Club) - in Kindle (azw3) format

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 19:39
megafan wrote:
I can't believe that you did not include GMAT Hacks 1800 practice set. IMO, they are the most accurate representation of real GMAT-like Quant questions.

Hello Megafan, this list only includes FULL-length GMAT test preps options.

Thanks,
PraPon

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP) [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 12:18
BN1989 wrote:
I think the quant section of the Manhattan GMAT CAT doesn't resemble the real test that much. The questions are too lengthy and overall the amount of 700-800 level questions is too high. I have had MGMAT tests in which I got >35 700-800 level quant questions and my score was only a 48 because I ran out of time towards the end. The GMAT Club quant tests are way better than MGMATs imo.

Do you guys find that your score on MGMAT practice tests were lower than what you got on the actual test? I am scoring 50 points lower on MGMAT than I am on GMATPrep... not sure what to think
Re: VOTE: BEST GMAT Practice Tests (Excluding GMATPREP)   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2013, 12:18