Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 21:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What GMAT should I shoot for?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What GMAT should I shoot for? [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2005, 14:51
Hi Guys-

Here is my profile. I am taking the GMAT in a couple months and wanna see what I should shoot for (besides best I can possibly do). I have been averaging around 680-700 on the practice stuff.

School choices - HBS, GSB, Sloan, Columbia, Wharton, Kellogg.

Here are the stats:
U.S Citizen - Indian Origin - Male - 29 years old
Undergrad - Computer Engineering. GPA 3.4/4.0 - medium school (not top 10 )
Graduated high school when I was 15 (as though this matters anymore...lol)
11 years of work experience. Will likely be 13 years when I apply.
Published at several conferences (technology)
SUN - 3 years - 4 single inventor patents - Microprocessor Design, O/S design

I have been a serial entrepreneur for the last 9 years.

Founded Company 1: built to 500K in revs and sold - technology consulting

Founded Company 2: currently at about a $750K run rate - technology consulting - continues to survive and managed by strong operator. Might exit out of this company before applying to B-school

Founded Company 3: Infancy stage - no contracts

Founded company 4: Roll-up company in the technology space (currently serve as the CTO) - raised about $40m capital (equity/debt) - offices in East Coast , New Mexico, India, Canada - total of about 150 people in the company. $15m in revs - very profitable

Lots of venture consulting gigs in the last many years.

Actively involved in two very very strong entrepreneurial non-profit groups.

Founder of a community service organization that currently has over 100 volunteers mentoring kids in high school.

Wanted thoughts/opinions on what to shoot for in GMAT and areas that I can beef up over the next couple years. Sorry about the long post.

Thanks
-- Gaude
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2005, 22:42
My advice for GMAT to shoot for isn't really contingent on the background. Should be at least at / above the 80% bar for accepted applicants and a decent target for the schools that you mentioned is 720.

http://www.mbagameplan.com